• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where is the most likely place for engine oil to be leaking under filter on TL140?

69zfarmer

I just developed a oil leak coming from my Isuzu engine. I lifted cab up and got a mirror and tried to look and it is coming from under oil filter. I gotta get under it and see if I can locate it. Anybody got a guess where it may be coming from? lol!

Vetech63

If we are going to guess, I say its an oil pan gasket. Could be the filter seal itself. What is the prize for the winner?

tractormech

Are you sure it's not running down the back side of the filter? Put a new filter on it first and try it-sometimes they just start leaking around the seal on the filter. I just had to do this on a New Holland 185B a little while back. It wasn't a bit loose,it just started leaking.

tractormech

Also-if you have a drain hose for the oil pan check and be sure it's not leaking at the fitting going in the pan. It may be a boss O ring style and it's leaking.

69zfarmer

Thanks i know this was a stupid question. I just thought someone here may have had the same leak on the same SS. The leak is coming somewhere right under the oil filter/oil cooler housing. It may be the oil pressure switch. I will pull the skid pan under the machine and maybe i can see it then.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
I’d check around the filter mount it looks like some one was messing with the bolts .looks like it may be broken by bottom bolt?

tractormech

It doesn't really look that bad to access to me. Get some degreaser and a pressure washer if you have it and clean it up and take the filter housing off and replace the o rings and put it back on-it might be a quick fix.

69zfarmer

heymccall may be the winner. I pulled the oil filter body and the oring was still all there but it is flat and brittle. I am gonna order the 2 oil rings tommorow and hope and pray it fixes it.