• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where do I find info?

Brandt

I traded into a GenSet with a 4 cyl. Perkins engine. The fuel filter housings and bolts are missing. How do I go about tracking down these parts? Is there an aftermarket set up to use spin on filters??

lantraxco

Get yourself a used set, or buy a Donaldson, Parker, Racor, etc. diesel fuel filter and a water separator. The water separator is first in line, then the lift pump, then the fuel filter and finally into the injector pump. Can probably find them online with a but of searching. Cheers

kiall1987

Alot of perkins 1104d if thats the model use a electric fuel filter/lift pump assembly that bolt to the inlet .

pajibson

Pics would help. Our Brethren from the commonwealth nations are probably going to have better access to parts and info than stateside. I do have a perkins dealer by me but the net will be your best friend on that project. Have you figured out wich engine it is? I do have some perkins service manuals that I found online. I had to deal with a few of those engines in Afghanistan. mostly on FG wilson gen sets.

Brandt

I did find a replacement head at a marine supply place. After realizing the cost for "marine" stuff I sent it back, but used the P/N to find it elsewhere at a 65% savings.