• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where did you work on today?

Dutchcat

If you have some spare time, show us what you are working on today!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Dutchcat

2d7d27b9ee94e35e9d983cf455334632.jpg

Todays work was taking appart a c27 with fuel dillution ( about 60ltr's of fuel in the sump) broken injectorbolt and spring 500hrs after dealer rebuild.

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
This morning I met with the design engineer for a pavement rehab, new curb, gutter, sidewalk and storm drain system for an upcoming project in Skagway. Basic project with issues. It is within NRHP historic district and there is oil contaminated soil in the ROW that is coming from an unknown source and since it is FHWA funded, it will have to be cleaned up.

Also working on a USFWS Eagle Disturbance Permit for an erosion control project on Kodiak Is. A consultant is doing design but I have the eagle permit because I have done 15-20 of them in the past few years.

My saying is, “the only thing consistent here is the inconsistency”.

WyoGuy

Yesterday I drained 10 gallons of gas out of a diesel forklift. Customer claimed it just shut off, and nobody will fess up to fueling it up. Had it going in about half an hour after flushing the injection system.

Dutchcat

How is contaminated soil cleaned over there, here in the netherlands on small sites it is dug out and cleaned at a washplant, then filled back up with pre cleaned soil

Dutchcat

Yesterday I drained 10 gallons of gas out of a diesel forklift. Customer claimed it just shut off, and nobody will fess up to fueling it up. Had it going in about half an hour after flushing the injection system.

Nobody knew how it got there, always the same story everywhere in the world

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
Several methods are used in Alaska depending on conditions. Sometimes it is dug up and burnt at high temps; others can be stored and treated with fertilizer for a long-term breakdown, others are packed and shipped to licensed facilities in the lower-48. We have to deal with everything from petroleum to chemicals to paint and so on, Each one is different while being the same, but if it is in our ROW, it gets cleaned up.

Dutchcat

Prettymuch the same here, dutch law states that for road constructions, soundwalls and such the soil used doesnt even need to be totally clean as long as it is isolated from ground water

hetkind

Plant work today, in Huntsville...we did have to load test some cranes, but mainly industrial engineering work.

Howard

movindirt

Well, today I finish graded a lawn so the homeowner could seed it IMG_20160913_125914.jpg

Then I was off to unload some trees at a different job 20160913_201700.jpg

Then I left a went and finish graded a spot and seeded it, it was dark by time I got loaded up and chained down and everything cleaned up, didn't get a picture.

Brodiesel

Occupation
My wife makes all the $$$.
2d7d27b9ee94e35e9d983cf455334632.jpg

Todays work was taking appart a c27 with fuel dillution ( about 60ltr's of fuel in the sump) broken injectorbolt and spring 500hrs after dealer rebuild.

Nice, I have the same engine stand, didnt think it could hold a C27! What does the adapter plate look like? Looks like you work at a dealer? Or ? I have two finished C32 heads and nobody wants them...Any ideas on how I could sell these things? Been sitting on a shelf for a year now.

Dutchcat

Can make you a pic of the plate with the part nr, it will hold the c27 but turning with the heads and all on is hard.

Dutchcat

Could just put them on ebay, or some parts website,

Brodiesel

Occupation
Continued In-frame overhaul on a CAT C13, more like in frame complete engine rebuild though. I also installed a flywheel on a John Deere 4.5L engine. Oh haha and I helped bring a 1ton log into my friends office for his tree service business, you know, decoration.

Brodiesel

Occupation
They have been on ebay for dirt cheap. I think there is no market for them. Yeah send me a pic of plate, thanks.

Dutchcat

Isnt there a possibillity that you send them in for reman, full core charge is quit a lot

Cmark

Collected a repaired truck seat from the trimmers and installed it.
Fixed a water-in-fuel problem on a CS74 roller.
Diagnosed/repaired open circuit to A/C wiring on a 365 HEX.
Fabricated a cross head puller to dismantle an MJP marine jet drive.
Chased up outstanding invoices from June :mad:
Did the weekly payroll.

IMG_3585[1].jpg

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
Dismantled and disconnected electrics On a Lippmann tip rap plant. Piloted all gear to new location and loosely set up...
Then thought about the repair I will be doing tomorrow to the 25kg stacker hopper which is completely goosed!