• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where are the Euclids?

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
I haven't seen any posts about Euclid trucks, just curious, are there no problems or have they all been scrapped?

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
The company I work for had three Ucks. They got cut up for scrap last spring.

One had a burned out tranny and another had a broken frame. I was hoping they make one out of the two. It would have made a great penalty box.:D

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
Euclid trucks

Some where on this thread there are pictures of a LL Euclid a twin engine, one engine for each axle.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
I emailed the company who's logo was on the door they didn't reply. I think the truck may have come from the old ASACO mine at Silver bell AZ

Last edited:

norite

I haven't seen any posts about Euclid trucks, just curious, are there no problems or have they all been scrapped?

GM bought them out years ago and made the trucks and equipment under the TEREX name.

I think TEREX was bought out by another co. since, can't remember which, I am sure it has been discussed here somewhere, run a search here on Euclid or TEREX

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Clark bought Euclid and Lima Crane back in late 70's or early 80's, then got tied up with Volvo to create VME (Volvo Michigan Euclid), Lima was shut down. Euclid was based in Clevland and had factory in Ontario, Canada. As far as I know it is still part of Volvo Construction Machinery, but may have been sold off since I left VME. Clark went to Ingersol Rand except for Michigan which stayed with Volvo and Transmission Div which went to Hurth.

alco

GM bought them out years ago and made the trucks and equipment under the TEREX name.

I think TEREX was bought out by another co. since, can't remember which, I am sure it has been discussed here somewhere, run a search here on Euclid or TEREX

Clark bought Euclid and Lima Crane back in late 70's or early 80's, then got tied up with Volvo to create VME (Volvo Michigan Euclid), Lima was shut down. Euclid was based in Clevland and had factory in Ontario, Canada. As far as I know it is still part of Volvo Construction Machinery, but may have been sold off since I left VME. Clark went to Ingersol Rand except for Michigan which stayed with Volvo and Transmission Div which went to Hurth.

Just a little clarification. GM had been forced to sell Euclid due to an anti trust lawsuit from the US government. They sold Euclid to the White Motor Corporation and this ended GM's ownership of Euclid. When the moratorium after the sale was up, GM started Terex to compete against Euclid, ironically using many of the designs they still had for Euclid machines.

As time passed, Euclid was passed around. As mentioned above, they were owned by VME, then split between them and Hitachi, and are now fully owned by Hitachi.

Terex is a whole other story.

LonestarCobra

There are still a dozen or so running in my neck of the woods. We replaced the old 2 stroke Detroits in the B-70 belly dumps to the 60 series a few years back. It was a big improvement. We always joke that the guy pointing at the sky on their emblem meant "take it to the shop".

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Euclid Ownership

Hitachi Construction Machinery currently own the Euclid name and have several haul trucks on the market.

jared

We still operate a '64 R30, it has been re-powered with a 12V71N. Currently it's the workshop getting a full rebuild, maybe even brakes and the cab lined :D We're trying to find another one to pair up with it.

Attachments

• DSCF3481 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3481 (Small).JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,484
  • DSCF1958 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1958 (Small).JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,598
  • DSCF3399 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSCF3399 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,786

stretch

Occupation
gopher
The Zagray Farm Museum in Colchester, CT runs an old one. I know Lane Construction had some up in Maine they were selling a while back, But I guess they got sold as they aren't listed for sale online anymore. Tilcon's got a few running around their quarries here.

Wrench_one

Occupation
Mining Equipment Mechanic
There are still a dozen or so running in my neck of the woods. We replaced the old 2 stroke Detroits in the B-70 belly dumps to the 60 series a few years back. It was a big improvement. We always joke that the guy pointing at the sky on their emblem meant "take it to the shop".

Like this !!!

Attachments

• euclid.jpg
    euclid.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2,196

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
VME had purchased Euclid then on sold it to Hitachi who have now on sold it I think it was Bel ukk but i stand to be corrected as i notice it on a net site while flicking thru

Last edited:

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
Excavating Contractor 30 + Yrs.
a stone quarry i worked for in the 70s had some standard shift ones we called ponys 20 or 25 toners.they also had 25, 35, & 50 toners torq drives. good trucks !

loggah

When i was up in Anchorage Alaska last summer the were repowering some Euclid belly dump tractors at NC machinery with cat engines and transmissions. they were really doing a nice job, i cant remember the specific engine they were putting in. I got a buddy that works there and we took a peek. Don