• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

When Your Not Allowed to Blast

alco

I've always wondered, are they only using the trencher to cut along the highwall? I can see the use for that, but I can't imagine them loosening all of the material with the trencher.

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Interesting for me to see the hydraulic drive motor wobbling at 2.10. I just did a mod on one to fix that. Wobbling like that chews out the spline real quick.

alco

Thanks Ben, I was wondering how they were working the trencher into the whole system.

Occupation
farmer, land owner
That machine is amazing. It's impressive how they keep the moving part in tact and prevent them from overheating.

Slidey

Occupation
HD fitter
Overheating is not really a problem. The machines here often work in temps of 45c+ without overheating.

Wear and tear on the dig chain and GET is more of a problem.

That and undercarriage wear and damage to wiring from vibration

Occupation
farmer, land owner
Vermeer created the first hay baler! That's wild. Very impressive machine. Cool video.