• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

When your crane is too heavy, and not set up for boom dolly.....

renovator

I wonder if both of those axles are there to increase the distance between the first and last axles? Lengthen the bridge, so to speak. Look like a northwestern set up.

Flat Thunder Channel

The interesting part is the front frame usually necks down under the cab. In some cases they can be ordered with full size frame extensions, but I'm not knowledgeable of this specific chassis design.

I wonder if the front can support much weight or if it's more for 'show'? It definitely makes the numbers look better by increasing the extreme axle spread.

Truck Shop

It would only work on the straight-even with a steerable drop axle on that long of spread it would plow and scrub the tires something horrible.