• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wheel locking pin was frozen...1845C

thrashingcows

Well had to fall a bunch of diseased Trembling Aspens yesterday...they were a potential danger to house and vehicles in a wind storm, or just from age and disease. Went to use the Case to drag the bucked up (12-15') lengths away and the LH side wheel locking pin was frozen. Tried gently rocking it back and forth, but it would not release. So I decided to just forget using the machine and just concentrated on branch clean up and burning. But last night decided to go in and see what was going on.

Removed the rubber dust boot and it was full of water and a bunch of that white lithium grease. So cleaned it all out, freed up the pin with a bit of heat from a propane torch, and then lubed and repacked it with grease. Checked the RH side and it was fine...full of grease and no water. Then I decided since I was down in there to also adjust the cable tension on the cables from the control sticks to the locking pins.....they were very sloppy. All in all it took a couple hours to clean, lube and adjust everything, but everything works and function even better now.