• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wheel Loader Vs Telehandler

LoadTest

I was looking at wheel loaders and ran across this unbelievable telehandler:
http://www.us.manitou.com/manitou/en/type/1/product/52-mht-10210-l

Manitou mht 10210L:

Lift Capacity: 46,297lbs
Lift Height: 31.8ft
Max Reach: 11,000lbs @ 19.30ft
Weight: 62,501lbs (the older ones are even lighter w/same lift capacity)
Turning Radius: 19.1 ft
Drawbar Pull: 128,335 ft

I know availability/cost is an issue. But for general purpose(heavy duty) work, what wheel loader would beat that and why? Or what can you do with a wheel loader that you couldn't with this thing?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, my initial thought, how do you draw a comparison between a wheel loader and a telehandler??? :beatsme

LoadTest

Yeah, but you have to admit, that was your inital thought when you saw the title, before you even read the specs. I guess you would envision the most likely work needing to be done and compare how each would handle the job. Then do the same for the odd jobs.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
mate also look at the cost you need to look at that i know in australia in the cotton industry a lot of people are using them insted of wheel loaders but that being said they are also talking about how they get stuck a lot and also being 4wd steer leads to other issues realy same as always buy the machine that suits your job as iam sure your telehander is not going to work to well in a quarry.