• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wheel excavator outriggers

fcf1320

I was planning to buy a M318 wheeled excavator in Germany. To my surprise a representative of
the local dealer told me that in that country wheeled excavators don't usually have stabilizers.
I have seen that in US and Latin American they have front and rear stabilizers. How would
this absence affect the performance of the wheeled excavator?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day fcf1320
A wheeled machine has considerably less stability across carriage than a crawler machine. With stabilisers lowered a wheeled machine in many cases has almost as good stability across carriage to that when the superstructure is along carriage. Working without stabilisers would affect reach and capacity. If you require more details drop a line to bucketsense@gmail.com
Kind regards
Uffex

ih100

I was planning to buy a M318 wheeled excavator in Germany. To my surprise a representative of
the local dealer told me that in that country wheeled excavators don't usually have stabilizers.
I have seen that in US and Latin American they have front and rear stabilizers. How would
this absence affect the performance of the wheeled excavator?

Stabilisers I can take or leave, but a blade increases flexibility quite a lot, as well as giving a bit of protection to the tyres when digging.