• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's your hoe doing?

Honcho

Doug whenever I have to move an exreamly heavy boulder or peice of iron. I don t lift it with front Bucket, I push it all the way. Especially at an even terraine. There is no need for that, SCF- and your backhoe will thank you too.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
At that stage of home building where 20 things are "in play" at once.
Dug the trench for the septic line, and the pit for the tank. After pulling a couple of decent size boulders out of the hole I hit shelf..... 6 inches shy of where I needed to be. I do not have much elevation to play with on this run, so I 'm going with a low profile tank.
KIMG0764.JPGKIMG0767.JPG

Should get the tank this week.

Got the garage(s) poured last week.... along with the porch and pads for A/C units and the propane tank. Added an extra yard to the order the morning of the pour..... and had less than a half yd left....

casey518

Well this isn't going well. I barely got to use the thumb, my wife used it about a day resetting a rock wall and the bracket is pretty much trashed. I'm pondering my options but here are pics. One pin bent but I'm not surprised by that..

My theory is I had to mount the bracket pretty high on the dipper to clear the bucket at full curl. But that means the thumb pivot is being pulled away from the stick during holding because most items are held at the bucket teeth.
I used the other storage bracket as the pivot. But I welded a tube between the ears to make it a little more robust.
20230719_184513.jpg

Black_Cirrus

I used the other storage bracket as the pivot. But I welded a tube between the ears to make it a little more robust.
View attachment 291174
I wanted to do something like that but needed to use it before I had time to get pipe. I might get some pipe or tube and cobble together a repair. Won't have time to really get into it for awhile. I'm hoping before then I have time to hit the buy scrap metal by the pound place.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
finish on the porch slab looks great!
Thanks......Your right on that...
We "paid" to have several things done on this 'build'....the mason I hooked up with has been one of them ( shingle job the other). The fella did a great job on the block work, and his price on the garage(s)/ porch was unbeatable by a ton. Finishing a pour is an art that I have not even attempted to develop...and my hats off to the members of that 'profession'.
.... I did set the forms ;) ..and I did the little slabs... so I did get my hands dirty.

18 yards...... @148$ just to give a heads up on cost in this neck of the woods.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
the heat, and the rain
Heat has been bearable.... and the rain has to messing with you more than me??
Have some 'repair' work to do, to keep movin water off the driveway. Its one of those things that are low on the 'have to get to' list. But I did get a couple loads of 'modified' and added a bit.
While I was attending to one little section..... a sudden smell..??thought it was fuel?? then a bit of a cloud... and busted hose!
KIMG0759.JPG
my 'signature ' on the diveway

then remove 5 things just to get at the fitting..
KIMG0760.JPG
..but all is well now.....for now ;)
Heading out tomorrow to dig a 'hole' for a pad transformer on my neighbors prop. I owe him big time for the help he has given me on the build.... and it should be a simple dig.... plus he's a great human being!

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
I think it also works as a tick repellent.... as I have yet to find any on me ! Tough on the bedsheets though
LOL

As for ticks, I do not get them by the house where the grass is cut, but where I am building the pad for my shop, when I get out of the machine, even for a min, they are on me!

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Dug a transformer hole.... and pulled a couple stumps for good measure.
His daughter will be building a house on this upper pasture.. and they need to get power... the ridge in the foreground is where our spot is.... though not visible from here.... with Nescopeck Mt in the background.
KIMG0778.JPG
The hole..
KIMG0780.JPG
..and the septic line out of my house...pitch set and 'bedded'. The tank is going to be a bit... they will cast it this week.
KIMG0777.JPG