• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's your hoe doing?

colson04

Success! Not as difficult as I thought. Tire is beefy. I think if I were mounting it on my truck it wouldn't even need air! Says up to 80psi for 8500lb load rating! I have no plans to air it up that high but I didn't realize they were rated for that kind of pressure.
View attachment 259656

Did you mount it yourself? If so, manually, or do you have a tire machine?

I mounted some new 10.5x16.5 skid steer tires in 2021 and they were horribly stiff and difficult to work with. I had access to an automotive tire machine and it struggled. I'm sure a HD tire machine would have been a better route, but I used what was available (and free :))

casey518

Did you mount it yourself? If so, manually, or do you have a tire machine?

I mounted some new 10.5x16.5 skid steer tires in 2021 and they were horribly stiff and difficult to work with. I had access to an automotive tire machine and it struggled. I'm sure a HD tire machine would have been a better route, but I used what was available (and free :))
Yea manually. I used like a 40" tire spoon I have. Little bites when working the new bead on.

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
Now I have an 8ply tire on one side and a 14 on the other.
Got a link to where you bought them?

I attempted putting a tiny little tire on a wagon I have and struggled with it, you guys are tough! Uh, I was unable to do it.

I learned a trick on small lawnmower size tires. To mount I clamp the hub in a vise, lube the beads good, clamp a pair of vise grips on the lip, and spin the tire onto the wheel. It was amazingly easy.

casey518

Got a link to where you bought them?
Walley World! Online of course.

I learned a trick on small lawnmower size tires. To mount I clamp the hub in a vise, lube the beads good, clamp a pair of vise grips on the lip, and spin the tire onto the wheel. It was amazingly easy.

casey518

That will never work. Not only will it pull severely to one side going down the road, but you will have 8 turns to full lock in one direction, and 14 turns to full lock in the other. :p

Ha. I was more concerned that the older, more experienced 8ply would develope an inferiority complex working alongside the newer 16ply, despite having proved its integrity over many productive years.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
....."Back in the Saddle again..... Out where a Friend is a ......."

Well, we decided to make hay while the sun was shining and sold our house of 20 years... in anticipation of moving into our "retirement ranch"...... which I have yet to start!
I thought ( incorrectly) that I would loose my email account thru our phone Co..... yes, we still had a land line... So I opened a new email and went to change that on this forum.... and to finalize that process the system needed to send a confirmation email.... easy right?
That took some doing on the part of the powers that be.... BUT..... it's all good now!
...turns out I get to keep the old email address anyway... go figure.
Now that I have all my (most) belongings in a 40' shipping container... sitting on site I can get to the house.
Step 1..... footer.
This is the 'old hoe' down in the 'crawl space' pit.
KIMG0405.JPG

While digging the power trench I plucked a nice one..... its going to a short retaining wall

KIMG0404.JPG

The only casualty of the day was my drink cup...
KIMG0409.JPG

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Hey T-town, man you are dry. great to see that you are getting work done. I went down to my shop pad and immediately sunk in the mud, and switched gears. I spent the weekend in another spot on my property that was a bit drier, cutting trees and chipping branches, Just waiting now for the poison ivy to flare up as it was on all of the trees. God it was hot tho!!:mad:

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Son & Daughter in law gave the missus a couple lilac bushes for Mother's day. I had plenty of pressing work to do at the computer (billing), but my boss said the bushes needed planting. It turned into a real project, removed 5 not healthy fruit trees. Stumps were surprisingly big.
I had a load of manufactured topsoil (fine sand mixed with composted cow manure) I filled the empty holes with. The stuff was insanely gooey! Every shovel full I had to pry to break suction. Everything else here is well drained. I wonder what happens now? Will I walk across a well drained lawn & sink in the mud where these trees were removed?

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Thanks aighead... The pic was where I was positioning the rock, then just push. Used the hoe bucket to get into final spot. Those flat ones push real easy.
Yeah Swetz... the top of my ridge stays dry..... but the wet parts of the property are for sure still wet..... what are we??? 3 inches above year to date? But my house site straddles the "great divide"..... its all downhill from there as they say.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
God it was hot tho!!

Oh yeah.... I picked a good day ( 2) to start shoveling dirt again. ;)
That's what happened to the drink cup... would shovel a bit, then sit and drink.... shovel a bit more. Forgot I set the cup on top of the front tire.... on the side of the hoe that was in a bit of shade where I was seeking some respite.
But... had to be done. I had loose soil in the footer trenches that I did not want to get wet which would turn it to shite.
Glad you were able to cut some poison ivy..... man did I get that stuff bad as a kid..... I guess it took me awhile to figure out what it looked like.

Story went .... my Uncle, as young man, volunteered to 'weed' the church perimeter fence... in the small town of Marydel.... some of which is in Maryland and some of which is in Delaware.
All day working in summer heat..... unknowingly pulling poison ivy with every handful. Apparently had quite the case.... all over the face, hands....bad news.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
At the beginning of the day of individuals owning video cameras, a lumber dealer had a major customer go bankrupt. Lumber dealer ended up instead of payment, owning a whole meadow full of worn out construction machinery. One of his employees would spend his Sundays starting machines up & working them a bit. He had a video camera & he, his wife & kids would have great fun filming their escapades.
End of day, he couldn't find his expensive camera. It proved to be under a bulldozer track.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
unknowingly pulling poison ivy with every handful. Apparently had quite the case.... all over the face, hands....bad news.

Well I know the look of poison ivy, and have since I was a kid and got it bad! Even the baby maker had poison ivy!!:mad::mad::mad:

These days I wear leather gloves and only use them for that task. I have a special wash called tecnu that I use every break (which was often last weekend cuz of the heat). Fingers are still crossed it does not rear its ugly head. My son once got it all over his face. That is bad too when you are in a customer service job...people think you are a leper or something.

Forgot I set the cup on top of the front tire....

If you remember my story, I did my Stihl chainsaw in with the tire on my tractor:(:(:(...LOVED that saw!

End of day, he couldn't find his expensive camera. It proved to be under a bulldozer track.

Willie B,
I had no clue where you were going with that one...LOL