• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats this? Windrow Eliminator?

Silveroddo

Cruising the old interweb I came across this on an old champion on machinery trader. It looks to be mounted to a rear lift group and slides hydraulically side to side. I'm thinking its some kind of windrow eliminator/packer? Doing forestry work where you're dealing will grass and sod I've dreamt of something like this, never seen anything built for the purpose though. Anyone seen or used something like this?1.jpg

Welder Dave

I saw that same ad and wondered what that wheel was for too. Champion made a windrow eliminator but it was completely different. I think there's pics. in brochures online. I thought maybe that wheel could be used for packing small windrows that come off the blade like when doing the final pass on gravel roads. Left loose might cause a vehicle to get squirlly if it hit it right.

skyking1

Around here the county dumps rock on the pavement and then blades it into the shoulder. That would work perfect for rolling the shoulder while keeping the grader tires on the pavement.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Around here the county dumps rock on the pavement and then blades it into the shoulder. That would work perfect for rolling the shoulder while keeping the grader tires on the pavement.
On the wrong side. Might be able to flip it around to the other side though.

Last edited:

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I saw that same ad and wondered what that wheel was for too. Champion made a windrow eliminator but it was completely different. I think there's pics. in brochures online. I thought maybe that wheel could be used for packing small windrows that come off the blade like when doing the final pass on gravel roads. Left loose might cause a vehicle to get squirlly if it hit it right.
If your operators manual is still in your 730, there is a windrow eliminator in the attachments section. That might be where you saw it. This one is made by Craig. Looks a bit delicate. https://www.craigattachments.com/products/grader/windrow/series-ii-windrow-eliminator/

Welder Dave

It might have been in the operators manual I saw it. Definately more than just a wheel and tire.

Welder Dave

It had controls for some kind of sweeper in the cab. It looks the contraption on the back is made by Ateco.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
The broom most likely hooks to the rear. The interior is almost identical to my old 730. The circle looks to be in really good shape. The teeth are hardly worn at all.