• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats the differences between at 763F and a 763G series bobcat skidsteer?

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
Howdy all, just wondering if anyone can cast a light on the differences between these two letter versions?

Is there any major technical upgrades, or major advancements that set them apart

Many thanks

Alex

FarmerAlex

Occupation
As long as there are no major engine or hydraulic improvements they are on an equal footing.
I would hope to get 10,000 to 15,000 hours out of the machine before looking at a newer one.

They seem a solid little machine will run on the smell of an oily rag, and get the required work done.

What slopes can you put these machines on?? Can you run them down a 1:1 slope?

Alex :D

cat943

Occupation
loader and excavator operator
HI Alex most bobcats cant or shouldn’t be operated on a 1:1 slope. The most they will safely operate on is a 3:1 you could push them up a short 2:1 but that would be about as far as I would take one..

What work are you planing for the bobcat?

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
As long as there are no major engine or hydraulic improvements they are on an equal footing.
I would hope to get 10,000 to 15,000 hours out of the machine before looking at a newer one.

They seem a solid little machine will run on the smell of an oily rag, and get the required work done.

What slopes can you put these machines on?? Can you run them down a 1:1 slope?

Alex :D

10000 hours out of a skid-steer is a tall order. You can probably do it, but you better be looking at a darn fine machine when you buy it... otherwise you will be putting a LOT of money into her once she gets past 5000 hours.

The primary difference between the F- and G- series machines is the cab. There was no change to the engine or any major changes to the hydraulic system. Skids aren't supposed to be run on a 1:1, and even prolonged 1:3 operation isn't advised.

dave esterns

those are good machines. they dont self destruct like the more powerful ones so i would say you could get 10k out of one easily. there is a lot of 773s around these parts with over 10k on them. it seems like once you get over the 5000 hour hump it is smooth sailing after that. i run our 773 on slopes so steep i cant stay in the seat. i would say as long as she is still on 2 wheels u r good. you could run down a 1 to 1 but you might wanna keep the bucket close to the ground.

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Gday all, thanks for the replies, i'll post on some pictures and diagrams of the job i have to do. Is the 863 hi flow just a bigger 763? or are there structural and equipment design changes?

alex

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Alex,
The 863 is a totally different machine, it's a 1900lb ROC machine with a larger frame, substantially bigger engine and more hydraulic flow even on the standard flow 863. I have an 873 which is more or less the same machine but vertical lift path. My dad bought it new in 1998 and aside from a bad head gasket, a common problem on those Deutz engines, it's been problem free. If it's well taken care of I can't see any reason for it not to last 10-15000 hrs. Our 732 has close to 8000 hrs on it now and it does everything a new one does but with a lot less electronics to give you grief.