• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What would be your pick and why??

LanceNE

Occupation
Land clearing/Fuels reduction
I've posted enough about the failures we've had with Caterpillar's undercarriage and at least how enough of us in the US would say they didn't man up to the problem....so my first choice would not be Cat even though I own such creatures. Caterpillar does have great service, but since I work for a living and haven't won the lottery yet, we cannot afford to use it, unless former Cat mechanics are not available. If I was to get a machine now, I would look real hard at CASE, JD, and Takeuchi. I had miserable luck with the very first JD tracked machines that came out.., JD apologized profusely about how their machine was failing....and from the many posts you hear on here, it sounds like the JD owners are pretty happy with the D models. Good luck and like many have said, it is your local service that is going to mean everything.