• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What will my truck haul?

cat300

I have a 2001 ranger edge with a 4.o.

I know i cant haul much if anything. But i can i haul like a small escavator or one of the walk behind skid steer's whatever there called.

How much will my truck haul?

Without breaking anything, like what is the rated capacity

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I have a 2001 ranger edge with a 4.o.

I know i cant haul much if anything. But i can i haul like a small escavator or one of the walk behind skid steer's whatever there called.

How much will my truck haul?

Without breaking anything, like what is the rated capacity

Your truck like mine (Nissan Frontier) is probably rated at 5,000 lbs or less. Your owners manual will give you the exact capacities.

A mid-size miniX is out of the question but a small miniX or walk behind skid is possible with the correct trailer set up. The brakes and drive train just weren't set up for any heavy amount of towing, like towing something like that everyday. You will quickly learn that these trucks just won't stand up too it. A couple of times every now and then will be all right but if towing day to day then you will need a bigger truck.

Having said that, I have loaded my Nissan down with a Ford 8N tractor and 3 attachments to get it moved across the field. I won't ever do that again. It felt like my little truck was trying to move a mountain. It got the job done but I would NEVER take something like that on the road. Each situation requires judgement on your part. The smaller stuff I mentioned should be alright.

thejdman04

ON the edge of the drivres door, there should be a sticker stating the gvwr. It will give you a front and rear weight. Then you can figure out what your truck weighs w/you and fuel on it. Take the number on the door - what your truck weighs and thatll be waht you can put on your rear end. Also, somewhere there should be a sticker on the hitch stating towing capacity and max vertical load (tongue weight). I would say imo you should be ok w/a utility track loader (walk behind skid steer).

wrenchbender

The main concern I would have is just how much weight can I STOPwith my truck. Getting it moving is one thing but stopping it is another animal all together! Be sure what ever you hook it to has plenty of brakes on the trailer --------- no brakes = NO GO in my book. I have an old 71 F-250 and I've pulled loads with it that was way more than it should pull but as I stated above stopping it was where the trouble comes in. Be careful and be safe this is not to try and scare you just to give a headsup.

thejdman04

Its beeter to get him scared no ow then when behind the wheel and the trailer is in front of you. Those utility track loaders like the ditch witch sk500 weigh right at 2000lbs + the attachment. + your trailer. To give you an idae