• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What skid steer to buy?

Moska

Hi, I`m looking to buy a skid steer track loader. I have a bobcat T-300, which i really like. But I`m looking to buy either another bobcat, or a cat. I`m looking for a machine that`s not as wide, but can handle to lift just about the same weight as the T-300. I use it mainly to unload pallets of stones, and grading. Was looking at the bobcat T-190, but from what I read, it would not be able to unload pallets of stone off a dump truck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

durallymax

Radial booms are actually ideal for loading and unloading trucks providing they fall with in the capacity you need. Stone is heavy so I'd guess you need a lot. The radial boom allows you to put the load out further on the truck, but the advantage is the disadvantage. With the load further away the capacity is less, that is part of the reason for the vertical booms, bigger capacity, smaller package. Its two fold. On one end it brings the load closer midway up increasing the capacity, and at the top allows you to reach further to dump into tall trucks.

The biggest bobcat makes in radial is the T630, the biggest CAT makes is the 279C. Both have similar specs at around 2200lbs SAE(35%) or 3100lbs @50%. To get at or above the 3,000lbs SAE the T300 is rated at you have to go to the S750 or bigger or the 299D Cat. Demo a few different ones and decide what you will need.

coalroller

Occupation
heavy haul
my opinion i wouldnt buy a cat track machine we have had nothing but problems with our 289c hydraulics are weak and tracks fall off when working slopes even afvet new tracks were installed. i tell the guys every time it happens is it isnt made to be ran like a skidsteer and if they treat it like a large dozer on finished top soil they would be fine.

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Not sure what your application is but I do all the service and maintenance on many of the rock yards here. Very common machines they use are mini wheel loaders. Case 021e, JD244Js, CAT 908H, and Volvo L35Bs. They have great power and are pretty manuverablity.