• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what size trailer for a new holland 555e 2x4 exstenda hoe

groundloop

thanks for the reply
Im trying to figue the lenght and capcity . I once had a car trailer that was to short the car would fit but you couldnt get it balanced(to much tonge weight) I dont want to do that agin
thanks
Chris

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
I wouldnt consider anything under 19' of deck, and tandem duals, avoid tripple axle single tire rigs at all cost.

packratc

Please, someone tell stumpjumper83 how to spell trippple. Groundloop, you haven't mentioned your tow vehicle. I would suggest no less than a one ton dually and obviously, brakes. You mentioned tongue weight. I would recommend a 5th wheel rig for your one ton. This is moot if you're towing with a dump truck. Good luck is always a god thing to have but in these matters the right truck and trailer are better than the luck. Packrac

packratc

You're absolutly right. I thought triple "p's" was somehow appropriate due to the three axles. No other slight intended. Sorry if I offended. Packratc

jughead

Occupation
retired
towed a 655d about 60 miles a few years back with 2k ford dually and a triple axle goose neck. will say that ford had all it wanted even with a chip and didnt like to stop too well either

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
You're absolutly right. I thought triple "p's" was somehow appropriate due to the three axles. No other slight intended. Sorry if I offended. Packratc

No harm done.;)

Gambler

Thats why they call them Tri Axle trailer no P's to worry about LOL would want at least a 25' deck would still hang over

groundloop

I will be pulling it with a 33000# boom truck or a propane bobtail so no 1ton Im in west Virginia and Id like to be able to stop.

dwloop

one ton truck? but sure to kiss wife, kids, and dog goodby

I have said it before and don't want to start anything, but we pulled Case 580C's and D's with 3/4 and one ton trucks back in the day all the time, plumbing trucks with pintle hitches. Never had an issue, just need to know what you were doing...

Way too many nanny rules and not enough sense these days... My 2c...

Dave