• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what papers are needed at the mexico border?

algape

I've been looking at the video. I posted a comment on youtube with the translation of the poster's comment and what is said in the video. In the poster's comment it says this was taken during the construction of the toll highway Mexico City to Tuxpam, which is on the Gulf coast, and that the operator was from Huauchinanga, and that he died shortly after the accident.

The operator was senior to the worker taking the video, at the beginning he is explaining to him how to record it, and tells him not to stop until he has reached the bottom (which he didn't...) The second worker kept telling him to go down, that passing that point he could go down.

Like i say on my comment there, construction workers in Mexico are a very tough bunch and are always taking risks, often needlessly. Often they egg each other on to do things that are dangerous, like the worker who was taking the video did. A company big enough to have a contract for a toll highway normally has fairly good safety protocols, but smaller companies are often negligent.

Thanks for telling me about the video. What a shame...

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
you don't need no stinking papers...sorry i couldn't help it...lol!

There was a guy in Houston Texas making a good living sending Trucks and Equip.out of the country.Till he got caught.

Last edited:

algape

tonka's alright - he was playing with a quote from an old movie. The bad guys try to tell the good guys to come out 'cause they are the Mexican police. The good guys say 'then show us your badges', so they say 'badges? we don't need no stinking badges!'. It's a quote that's thrown around a lot. I first heard it on WKRP in Cinninnati.

MikeL06

Occupation
Analyst
Thanks for the huge information, actually I don't know about this. Thanks for add some more useful stuff in my mind vocabulary.

Caterpillar_84

algape,
I am in international sales @ Mustang Caterpillar in Houston, TX. I have a large cliental in Mexico and South America and deal with questions such as yours on a daily basis.
I also sell to many of the brokers found on the border of MX & TX, which in turn sell into Mexico. I also have sell to many "end users" in MX as well.
If you have any questions about the required documentation needed to import I can help.
feel free to email me: eogrodowicz@mustangcat.com

Best,

Evan