• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What oil in a old case 580CK?

s1120

Just picked up a old 580CK, and I need to change the oil. All the manuals I have, and have found show streaght weight oils. With todays oils, whats the best to run in these. I was planing to use Shell Rotella 15w40. What the thoughts on that??

Also has anyone added a oil PSI guage to there tractors? Mine just has a light.

antyK

I too could use some help on this issue. I've recently become the owner of a very tired 1970 580CK which I saved from the scrap yard.

The specs call for 30 weight diesel low ash ($18 gallon), but I was told to run 15-40. ($15 a gallon) There's not much difference in price, so I may as well use whichever is best. Any advice would be appreciated.

diggerdave1958

Hey, s1120 and antyK In all my diesel machines over the years i have ALWAYS used Rotella 15w40 been a very good oil, pricey but good. And in the winter a block heater is a engine saver.

daman

Occupation
Agriculture,Truck Driver,Mechanic
15w40 from one of the big "three" Delo,Delvac,Rotella.

s1120

OK thanks guys. Thats what I was thinking, I just wanted to run it by the experts first. Thanks!!