• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What not to do

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
What's the matter with the guy in the second video, could have saved a few cement block if he had just stood one of them on end and the flanges would keep the block from sliding off the bumper! Just one note if doing it that way be sure life insurance is paid up and have a friend with cell phone dialed to 911 with finger on the send button!

And don't ask your buddy to toss you that hammer over there!

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I don't care how he has it blocked off or if the wheels are chocked, I'm too amazed how he got it up that high :confused:
It's one of those moments you grab a lawn chair and 12 pack to sit back and watch the show unfold, traumatic or not it's worth a watch on the feat of it getting it up that high and bringing it back down.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I don't care how he has it blocked off or if the wheels are chocked, I'm too amazed how he got it up that high :confused:
It's one of those moments you grab a lawn chair and 12 pack to sit back and watch the show unfold, traumatic or not it's worth a watch on the feat of it getting it up that high and bringing it back down.
Bringing it back down will be easy all he needs to do is bump one of those four by fours when he starts to slid out!

At least the welder is safe out in front of the truck so the survivors can sell it on Ebay!

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Gas tank- That's what I thought I saw too. Thinking the board may be the least of his issues in just a minute.

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
Gas tank- That's what I thought I saw too. Thinking the board may be the least of his issues in just a minute.

Ah, you guys have led sheltered lives... Forklift repairs, cushion tire truck, low to floor, and you need to be UNDER it to work.
You back the flatbed up against the free standing loading dock out in the yard and lock its brakes.
You drop a short dock board across.
You drive the forklift up the dock and ITS DRIVE WHEELS (front) JUST ON TO THE FLATBED and lock the park brake, also holding down the foot brake pedal.
Helper (experienced with good leg/feet control) , cranks the flatbed and CREEPS FORWARD, OPENING A GAP BETWEEN DOCK AND FLATBED until the steer tires
(Rear) have reached the edge of the dock. Everything is then shut off, locked, chocked and blocked.
The dock board falls down to the ground, and Wah La... You can then sit in an office swivel chair under the machine and reach up in the innards and fix all sorts
of hard to reach things. Sold the business in 1993 and quit doing such foolish things. Wish I had taken pics...

Truck Shop

You only live once, but in the process of dying that might take a long time while mashed in agony. And the gun so many like to carry {well you might not be able to get to that either
because one hand is pinned and the other crushed so there goes that avenue of ending it suddenly.

petepilot

Ah, you guys have led sheltered lives... Forklift repairs, cushion tire truck, low to floor, and you need to be UNDER it to work.
You back the flatbed up against the free standing loading dock out in the yard and lock its brakes.
You drop a short dock board across.
You drive the forklift up the dock and ITS DRIVE WHEELS (front) JUST ON TO THE FLATBED and lock the park brake, also holding down the foot brake pedal.
Helper (experienced with good leg/feet control) , cranks the flatbed and CREEPS FORWARD, OPENING A GAP BETWEEN DOCK AND FLATBED until the steer tires
(Rear) have reached the edge of the dock. Everything is then shut off, locked, chocked and blocked.
The dock board falls down to the ground, and Wah La... You can then sit in an office swivel chair under the machine and reach up in the innards and fix all sorts
of hard to reach things. Sold the business in 1993 and quit doing such foolish things. Wish I had taken pics...
done that trick many times usually with a roll back and a flatbed trailer. can do it by your self that way. no one else around to get confused :eek: