• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What kind of rake bucket should I get

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
http://www.mdtruckequipment.com/FetchImage.aspx?ID=\ProductImages\157630\IMG_7522_width_640x480.jpg

That's what I run on my Gehl ctl70. I like it, it does a good job. Its tough, and can handle some big wood. I haven't had the problem of it plugging up and in general my soils have a high clay content. Some of your plugging problems might be coming from trying to rake ground that is too wet, you want it dry enough to run a rockhound on idealy.

I bought it to do a little storm chasing after sandy and it worked like a charm cleaning up trees and even finishing off some rather large oak blow downs.

fergy

Where do you get these and how much $$?
It's one I make
Made so the bucket will fitt inside for easy loading
Normally do make a touch wider than shown
But as we do all custom stuff the owner gets a say in what he gets
Fergy

Todd v.

Bradco makes a very well designed root grapple and grapple rake also but they are spendy. I found someone else who made a very similar design for a lot less but can't remember the name of the folks right now. I think theirs was in the $3500 range rather than Bradco's $5k plus price tag. I will post when I remember.

NVtracks

I have the Faver grapple as seen in the bottom two pics and the one Shimmy refers to above. I absolutely love it!! I am out here in Northeast Nevada and deal with a lot of rock, sagebrush, and aspen. This grapple is a beast to say the least! One inch bottom tines that are spaced nicely and don't need that stupid cross/brace bar just behind the teeth so you don't gather soil. The grapple arms are amazing but do take some getting used to because you will absolutely crush a fork full of aspen or cottonwood if you don't go easy on the hydraulics:) I've dug out willow trees, huge sagebrush, rocks, roots, etc. It acts like a toothed bucket for really hard digging and is great for backraking.

Can't say enough about Faver and the product they put out there. They are built to last and that is obvious as soon as you put your hands on it. Actually just unloading it from the delivery truck was a chore considering it weighs 2K alone! I run it on a TL150 which is a beast of a tank itself, so the combination of the two is quite fun on the ranch! It is a little pricey at 4K or so, but you get what you pay for and this grapple is no exception.

joeykunz

Thanks man, I think I'm going with the faver as well. Post some pictures or youtube it, would be nice.

I have the Faver grapple as seen in the bottom two pics and the one Shimmy refers to above. I absolutely love it!! I am out here in Northeast Nevada and deal with a lot of rock, sagebrush, and aspen. This grapple is a beast to say the least! One inch bottom tines that are spaced nicely and don't need that stupid cross/brace bar just behind the teeth so you don't gather soil. The grapple arms are amazing but do take some getting used to because you will absolutely crush a fork full of aspen or cottonwood if you don't go easy on the hydraulics:) I've dug out willow trees, huge sagebrush, rocks, roots, etc. It acts like a toothed bucket for really hard digging and is great for backraking.

Can't say enough about Faver and the product they put out there. They are built to last and that is obvious as soon as you put your hands on it. Actually just unloading it from the delivery truck was a chore considering it weighs 2K alone! I run it on a TL150 which is a beast of a tank itself, so the combination of the two is quite fun on the ranch! It is a little pricey at 4K or so, but you get what you pay for and this grapple is no exception.