• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What jobs can I do with my 753

bobcat753

Hey guys, since I've got this machine all I've used it for is basically plowing snow. I have a blade and a hydraulic blower for it. I also have the standard bucket that came with it. What attachments would be worth investing in, and what kinda jobs are possible with the blade/bucket other then moving snow. This is my first skid steer just curious what ya'll use yours for.

Thanks

CEM

Occupation
State Prison
A couple of things I am thinking of, is the tree shear or the tree puller. There are lots of the little trees out there and Im told a lot of people are starting to want them cleaned up.

mudmaker

Just find a dealer that will rent attachments to you. Find out what they have available and then you know what jobs you can do. If you end up using one a lot and can justify the purchase then buy it. Some dealers will make nice rent/purchase deals with you.

graysonhomes

If you have forks, you can move pallets of material, such as block and brick, and can also move logs if you are cutting down trees.

bobcat753

hey since I made that post I've picked up a backhoe attachment and a set of pallet forks for it........and bunch of experience!! Man its fun playing with this machine!

The most used attachment for mine now is the forks, followed by the smooth edge bucket then the toothed bucket and the land plane. We have lots of rocks so the Grapple rake comes in handy for quickly sifting out the rocks larger than about 6" and the land plane takes care of the smaller ones.

I bought my machine from a dealer when I needed to make a pad for my work shop to be built on. It came with the toothed bucket and I have used it enough to put about a 1/2" deep eyebrow on the edge of the bucket between the teeth while cutting the pad (40' x 100') out of the side of a hill in virgin DG, tough stuff for sure.

I was just given an auger, a trencher and a 910 backhoe attachment. The 910 is larger than what was intended to go on the machine (I need to fab a custom attachment plate for it) and all 3 need to have some hoses that need to be replaced and the ends of the hoses changed to fit the flat face connectors of my machine. The trencher needs to have the motor resealed as it leaks a bit but for the money (just come and haul it away) I think it was a good deal.

The more you have the machine, the more you will find to do with it.

Enjoy!

753 user

I havent really used mine for anything other than building motocross tracks. I see alot of 753s with the grapple bucket.

Daniel Boone

Occupation
Equipemnt Operator
noobie question

what is DG is that dirt and gravel or is it d#@n gravel

thanks
aj

DG is decomposed granite around my neck of the woods.

I use my 753G for final grades, grading, landscaping, concrete removal, trench backfilling, and backfilling ground set manufactured homes. I have an auger attachment, trencher attachment, 350lb hammer attachment, tooth bucket, smooth bucket, and a Bobcat 709 Backhoe attachment.

aja458

I have a landscape rake which makes raking dirt a breeze. its a handy attachment.also have a milling head which is great for paving notches.forks are handy for many things. smooth bucket with a removable tooth bar. I found if you only use an attachment seldomly renting is the way to go.ususally they arent to expensive and you don`t need to maintain it.