• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what i've been doing this winter

dayexco

city has hired us to stack snow

Attachments

• pile11.JPG
    pile11.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,116
  • pile10.JPG
    pile10.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,124
  • pile9.JPG
    pile9.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,110

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LoL. I bet when warmer weather comes you'll be watching that pile to see how long it hangs around.

Hey, at least you have some work. ;)

oriden

Occupation
Equipment operator/ truck driver/ wrench operator/
looks like it would be a long day in there. good to see ur workin!

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
We use to do it like that with our 120 Deere, now its in a different location. 20ft drop down to a steep slope. At first we push it over with a backhoe or loader, after it builds up get the excavator in and keep throwing it further out.

Timmy the snow is actually pretty stable for the most part. Walk your self straight forward and back and you be ok. Once its packed a bit you can turn but the machine will dig in, pay attention and be careful its not bad.

dayexco

How is it for stability on your platform under the ex. It looks like you may work yourself out of sight? What is the temp in your pictures?

js580 is right on with what he said. where i'm sitting with the excavator, the snow has been stacked with that 950 cat loader, it's fairly solid. only problem you have is steel non grousered tracks on snow, is very slippery. it's a learning curve stopping your swing with a bucket that big, that far out and not spinning all the way around on the tracks. i'm working towards the camera there. there's approx 200' of lot left ahead of our piling operation. right there, that day...i think it was right about -5 degrees F. what's REAL fun, is coming off the pile at night. make yourself a ramp out of the snow, and trust me, it's like an olympic bobsled coming off of it. no matter how you try and stop your descent with the bucket, it still happens VERY quickly. getting up on the pile in the morning can sometimes be trying....again, you have to pull yourself a ramp, and use the bucket to pull yourself up, and hope you get all the way to the top in "one bite"...there's no redos....if you have go try and grab another hold, it's down to the bottom all over again.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
there's no redos....if you have go try and grab another hold, it's down to the bottom all over again.

dayexco, there's not a doubt in my mind what you're doing takes considerable focus and operator skill, and it's obvious you're skills are up to the task, but that statement implies you have experience with stated scenario. Question...no vids for us to view? :D :cool:

muzy

That is an interesting way to move snow. Mostly I see dozers pushing. When it is cold the ramp stays pretty tight. I have seen trucks dumping on second level, but I think that is a bit to risky. muzy

CSaley

saw this on ********. sweet operation. wonder whats going to happen when it melts. all that waters got to go somewhere