• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is this??

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
My guess would be it's for use in the farming industry. Narrow tracks and high clearance to go between rows?:beatsme

lantraxco

I second that... out here they make row crop machines and tree diggers you need a ladder to get on, but we lengthen the chains and modify the track frames..... those spacer blosks are an ingenious way to get a few inches!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
For posterity's sake a picture of the dozer in question -

Old JD dozer.jpg

Delmer

Forestry/tree planting or snow maybe? I'd think those heels would be hard on the chain. What's with only 600 some hours (aside from the obvious possibility of a broken tach) and the bad rust? Salt or manure maybe?

712alberta

There is another picture of the back end, and it looks like it has a 3 point linkage and power take off. So I would assume that it was used in agriculture. For what I'm not sure.

Belooky

Guestimating from the width of the 3point on the back I'm gonna say it was just a cheap way to make a hi crop tractor. That appears about the right width. Spacers were just cheaper than dealing with frame modifications. As for all the rust and few hours, I'm gonna say hour meter is broken and it was just a rusty old machine to begin with. Probably lived outside

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Its just neat is what it is!! I enjoy seeing customized equipment..............TIO

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
When you Absolutely, Positively have to have a replacement for an OC-6.

I would wager on onion farm on muck soil.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
My WAG is pulling a sprayer on a vegetable farm and the chemicals and dust held enough moisture to rot the hood. Could not have pulled to hard on them tracks or there would be some twisted ones. I can't see them being capable of two much torque.

Outasite

I would agree with Farm Wrench,it's a newer version of an Oliver onion field machine.Just the ticket for the task at hand!

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
Iron habit just filled in the rest of the story. Spraying, side dress Nitrogen, fumigation and no doubt got parked by the road and fought road salt were this girls lot on the farm. Muck soil and tracks are a really good mix. The old Olivers where the ticket and still are in demand. Side by side with an oc-6 and the track would make sense.