• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is the best model of Dozers for you?

jasondunham70

Occupation
Manager
I want to familiarize myself about Dozers and I would like to know what is the best model of Dozer.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums jasondunham70.

It depends on what kind of work the dozer will be doing as size does matter. For my small earthmoving company I really like my D5G. In the past I have owned a D6N and D6R, both good machines.

jasondunham70

Occupation
Manager
Thanks for all the answers, I've appreciated all your answers to me. But I would really love to thank you if you will post some pictures of them. ;)

jasondunham70

Occupation
Manager
Welcome to the Forums jasondunham70.

It depends on what kind of work the dozer will be doing as size does matter. For my small earthmoving company I really like my D5G. In the past I have owned a D6N and D6R, both good machines.

Wow. You have an earthmoving company? That sounds awesome to have!

mudober

Occupation
heavy equiptment operator
Jason, Cat is the best they been building them for years. Some from the late 1960's and 70's are still working on jobs today. When you get into the newer machines that Cat builds it shows.

ben46a

The late 60s and early 70s cats are king. Not the most comfortable but tough simple and reliable. I've used my old 96J D5 on rock jobs I wouldnt think of using a new cat smaller than a 7 on just because the old ones are so much tougher.

Dickjr.

To say Cat is the best is a little biased I'm sure. The 6T a competitor bought is giving him fits shutting down via dpf. The same guy has a 5K getting a new engine at 2500hrs. All brands go through this. To me price , and dealer support overides the color. CAT does have an excellent dealer , parts network. I like my Komatsu fine , but again I'm biased as my neighbor is a product support salesman for komatsu.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Wow. You have an earthmoving company? That sounds awesome to have!

Yes it can be at times and the most frustrating partner you will have other times.:cool: My company is small now due to the current economy but have been larger when the money was flowing.

Last edited:

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
D6r nice machine (imo)..good allround view. nice to operate and plenty of room for your lunch pack.