• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is the best mid size skid loader

barklee

What in your opinion is the best mid size (2000lbs) skid loader? I only really have experience with Bobcat, case, and cat. My opinion is the Cat 246c. I just bought the cat a few months ago after running quite a few other brands. I mean best over all taking all aspects into account. Just curious

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Have had an 873 Bobcat we bought new in '98. We haven't had any issues with it aside from a bad head gasket. It's been a great machine; lots of power, easy to maintain, great visibility, agile, etc. I love that machine! I've never ran a Cat skidsteer or a newer Case so can't offer any insight into them...

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Case 440

I think its the best midsized machine on the market.

Richard

I currently own a Case 85XT, Bobcat 743B, and a NewHolland. I've owned other bobcats and a Gehl once. Still love my CASE the best.