• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is the best hand cleaner?

Ocean Roads

What is the best hand cleaner? :confused:

GoJo and the other knock offs in orange bottles work OK to poor.

Cherry Bomb is a lil better.

Although, old fashion Dawn or Joy soap does wonders and I keep some in my shower.

Brake cleaner may be the best hand cleaner, but leaves a fiery rash. :Banghead:

I have used a few true industrial cleaners that will take just about anything off, just not sure what they are called.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
This has been hashed out at least once on this board and Boraxo has been my favorite for many years.I have seen some dish detergent from Walmart or one of those chains that looked like Dawn but cannot remember the name and for all I know it could have been the Dawn product rebadged but it worked pretty good too.Boraxo not only cleans but leaves your hands with a nice clean feeling with no odor.

oarwhat

I've used them all. D&L works well but stinks. I agree with you about all the orange gallon jugs. When the first orange gallon came out everyone raved about it I thought it was just ok. So I gave up and bought whatever was handy.

I bought this at harbour freight just because I was out. This stuff really works!!! Thought it just be another orange gallon cleaner but it is awesome. There's probably so illegal chemical from China in it that makes it work so well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-gallon-citrus-handcleaner-with-hand-pump-43222.html

JD955SC

Big fan of Zep Cherry Bomb.

I have fast orange at home and it doesn't seem to really do much. I need to order some of the Zep stuff for the house. I keep a bar of Lava soap in the shower for the stubborn spots.

ScottAR

In no particular order...

Gojo power gold
Joe's
Gojo wipes or Devlibiss wipes.(same thing bigger container)

3m 5975 paint buster for paint and glue.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Any product from Zep usually does what it says it will do,I have not tried their hand cleaner but it would be worth a look.
The Zep 45 in the black can is the absolute best solvent/penetrating oil that I have ever used.There is a thread here about that too,not trying to hijack this one.Ron G

Last edited:

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I'm a HUGE FAN of the ZEP products as well.. penetrating oil, lube AND their hand cleaner.. Not so much on the RED but the GREEN is my "go-to"..

SE-Ia Cowman

Worx hand cleaner is the best product I have ever used and I have tried about everything on the market, It is a dry powder and takes a little practice to learn how to use a little bit goes a long ways and you wet your hands first then work it in to a lather then wash it off, you can buy it on grainger web site or ebay. I keep a small container in the shower for anything I missed at work it has no solvent and is very skin friendly.
http://www.worx.ca/

CaptainAnalyzer

Occupation
Young business owner
Painters Punch by Zenex was some of the best. Seemed to have disappeared off the market recently. All I have left is small packets that were handed out at SEMA a few years ago.