• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is it?

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Anybody know who makes this little dozer. I found it by typing "bulldozer" into Yahoo Images. The picture was in a Family photo album. It looks to be more than just a toy. And no, that is not me on it. :D

lil' dozer.jpg
link

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
it is a "Struck Mini dozzer" (sp) they came in a kit form some with 8 hp briggs and some had a 10 hp. that one is an 8hp one. they used a fan belt system to transfer power to the tracks. the 10 hp unit also had a electric lift for the blade but the 8 hp 1 was manualy operated.
here are a few googled sites with them

http://tractorsbyed.tripod.com/id7.html

http://www.antiquetractors.com/content/yph6217.htm

http://www.antiquetractors.com/contents/adpic2737.htm

here is Strucks web site. http://www.struckcorp.com/

I don't beleave the mini is made anymore but I do think parts are avalable.

I have 2 of them. real rust buckets right now. If I rember right they were about $2500 in kit form.

Countryboy

Occupation
Thanks Dwan. Very interesting piece. :thumbsup

biggixxerjim

Ha!!! It looks like it's home made:D

Cant tell you much but I love the chain drive...

Actually I think I saw and add for one of these in the back of popular mechanics. It was some sort of a kit. I believe.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Ha!!! It looks like it's home made:D

Cant tell you much but I love the chain drive...

Actually I think I saw and add for one of these in the back of popular mechanics. It was some sort of a kit. I believe.

It was a kit and was listed in P. M.

That unit in PA, is in a lot better shape then mine are right now.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
looks like a simpilicity or old case lawnmower with tracks. Tracks might have been a comercial kit cause of the decals. Northern tool had some kits in there catalogs awile back didnt they

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Thanks for the info guys and the pics Pullpan. :drinkup

DuraMaxMan66

Occupation
PT student/operator
i used to have one of these.....they werent made to do anything serious, if you tried to you'd usually end up breaking something either being the inner rubber drive control belts would come off or break or the chain would come off the sprocket....both were a pain to fix.....the electric lift also had issues

mag6000

The Struck Company has come a long way since those earlier designs. I have an 2004 Model 6000 and it has been an excellent performer for my needs. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• hillside 148 (Small).jpg
    hillside 148 (Small).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 4,410
  • hillside 181 (Small).jpg
    hillside 181 (Small).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 4,277
  • hillside 089 (Custom).jpg
    hillside 089 (Custom).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 4,232

cope9079

Allis Chalmers HD 5

Any body out there know what this is? I kind of inherited this old dozer when I purchased the property out of forclosure where it is located a year or two back from the bank. I have had several people tell me that this looks like an old HD 5 yet can't confirm it. I've looked all over this thing for serial numbers and have not found them any where that they should be or at least any where that I have been told that they should be. Does any one recognize this old beast and would it be a worthy resto project?

Attached Images
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4689

Last edited by a moderator:

woodchuck2

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I see this an old topic but thought i woud reply anyway. Back when i was a little kid around 27 years ago my old man brought home a little dozer on the back of his 3/4 ton Ford and used it around the yard. He sold it a short time later for $500. I remember this because $500 was a decent chunk of change back then. I cant remember what kind it was but he told me he thought the military used them back in WWII for clearing small runways and they were dropped from planes. How true it is i dont know but i stumbled on an old photo with my father running it about a year ago. It had a rounded nose on it and red in color, probably 6' long with like a 3' blade. It had to be worth something to get that money for it back then.

ohfd281

looks like a good toy for a 5 year old, but is pretty cool.... thanks now i want one!!!!!!

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
woodchuck, search "clark airborne dozer" they were the predisors of what became the case dozer line.

Attachments

• 187652611_dupag-M-2.jpg
    187652611_dupag-M-2.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 15,606
Last edited:

seaplane1

What is it???

The last guy was right about this being a struck mini-dozer and they came with engines to started at 8hp and went up 16hp, I believe that was the MD-1600 that had the larger power....

If anyone is interest do check out struckcorp.com for the full line of these fine small dozers, they are not making the dozer with the little operator sitting on it, but they do have the "NEW" Magnatrac RS1000 which looks pretty nice and they also offer two more much larger models the Magnatrac 4800 and the Brute of the list the Magnatrac 7000 offering a B&S 31hp V-twin engine......

I just joined your forum and I'm looking forward to spending more time here in the near future.......:usa