• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is it do you reckon?

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . .

Old Magnet

That radiator top tank and grill are definitely Cletrac

Yes, on reflection that pattern of holes stamped in the grille is Cletracish.

It's a nice tidy unit, with those engine side screens. Quite a carry on there with the tanks in front of the operator and I can't figure out that muffler/air cleaner?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Old Magnet

I'm chasing out the cobwebs here but didn't they have air boosted steering on those big Cletracs? So one of those tanks is fuel and the other air reservoir tanks?

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Good one Old Magnet. They did have air and probably on the steering which was just a basic differential set up as well as I remember, I know that when you pulled one lever under load the other track sometimes lost traction on a slippery log or something and would spin like crazy.

Cheers.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Queenslander . The citation on the site mentioned clearing for housing at Inala so I am guessing Queensland Housing Commission . . . ? can't imagine what the "I" would be, sounds a bit far fetched to think "Inala" but perhaps they thought big back then and did it all in house?

Cheers.

larslog

Occupation
logger
Friend of mine has one very much like it.His is a FDLH cletrac.Big tank just behind engine is fuel tank and smaller one is the battery box.Also has air boosted steering and clutch.F=model D=diesel L=logger H=hillside(wide gauge).