• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is a "CapSure" plug for?

heymccall

in the Advansys catalog, they show the 385-1662 Capsure plug next to the teeth?
What is it for?
Can a 90 Advansys tooth be installed on a J350 adapter?
So many questions...Screenshot_20200903-130434_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20200903-130717_Drive.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Capsure plug fits in the hole so the square isn't full of sh1t when you come to remove the tooth.

if you have J-Series adapters on a bucket Capsure/Advansys ought to fit straight on using a conversion kit which is a pin and a spacer to fill the hole left by the standard pin & lock (see 1st image below). The Advansys adapters don't have a hole there, they have two "knobs" on which the Capsure locks engage (see 2nd image) but AFAIK the profile of an Advansys Adapter, at least as regards where the tooth mounts, is the same as a J-Series.

If you have K-Series adapters on your bucket AFAIK Capsure GET won't fit without changing adapters.

upload_2020-9-3_19-5-55.png
upload_2020-9-3_19-7-27.png

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I've never seen them used TBH. Usually our GET never stays on long enough for the holes to get plugged before the teeth are worn and need replacement.

I'd be interested to know if the adapter kits for mounting Capsure teeth on J-Series adapters are still sold. All I ever used was the bigger stuff on J700 & J800 adapters, but I heard it was also available for smaller-size adapters too.

Cmark

At the local dealer they've been having a sales push on the system with counter displays for the past few months. I'll be down there later on. I'll see if there's any literature.

Cmark

The top line of the chart is excavators. Adapters available in three different angles.