• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What happens when you fall on a staub........

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Landed on it the last tree of the day as I was bucking the 4th log outta it. It is about 1" from femural artery and 3" from me sack!!:eek: Went inside about 4.5".
holeintheleg.jpg

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Lucky it didnt hit the artery. Thank god your ok.

That was my first thought as I had a friend die in '91 from that same injury. Hit the femural artery and didn't make it 20 feet before he bled out.
It sure is a sore SOB though!!! :/
I should have held something next to it for size reference but a silver dollar wouldn't cover it. :(

akroadrunner

Occupation
Gravel Pit/ Trucking/Owner
Had the same thing happen to an employee of ours on The Quinault in the early 70's. His corks were wore down. I kept telling him to get new ones. End of the day, just changed roads. He comes limping up on the landing, dragging one leg and holding his ham. Blood all down his leg. Pants leg ripped to shreds. Sounds like you got an identical injury to him. It was UGLY. When he was able to return to work, Ha, new boots. Hank Allen from Grays Harbor.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Had the same thing happen to an employee of ours on The Quinault in the early 70's. His corks were wore down. I kept telling him to get new ones. End of the day, just changed roads. He comes limping up on the landing, dragging one leg and holding his ham. Blood all down his leg. Pants leg ripped to shreds. Sounds like you got an identical injury to him. It was UGLY. When he was able to return to work, Ha, new boots. Hank Allen from Grays Harbor.

DAMN identical!!! I went back to work a week to the day that it happened. Was sore for a few days but yesterday it was feeling a lil better. Should be ok tomorrow. I had a friend die in 90 or 91 from the same incident. Bled out in 20 feet. :(

Oldtimer

Been there, done that. Fell backwards onto a white pine log with a 1/2" thick 4" long dead stub of a branch...went in about 3/4" ...about 1/2" from my touch-hole. Now I have 2 touch-holes.
Went into shock, silly as it sounds...It was exactly like watching a heavy fog close in on me from all directions...started out with the "fog" about 50' out, and it got so "close" that I couldn't see my friend who was only 5' away- though I could hear him.
I got mad and fought it, and it rapidly faded away like it came. I went to my car, drove home, and cleaned it out best I could.