• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what does this mean?

carogator

I see some members names with suspended or banned written under their names. why is this? I also see an alert sign by one.
I looked at a thread of one of them at the same time that I updated Flash and
updated to Internet Explorer 8. Since then I have had nothing but trouble.
I cannot get to Microsoft update sites. only get http 400 error.bad request.
under tools internet options, I have to continually recheck the automatic
check settings and uncheck proxy server settings to get to any other sites.
All my favorites list has been rearranged somehow.
I am afraid to use my e-mail as I think I might have a trojan horse virus or worm.

anyone have any ideas how to tell or what to check?
Thanks James

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
James, you almost certainly have the lastest virus which is basically a BHO that hi-jacks where you can go etc. It also prevents you from updating your anti-virus and spyware stuff. For the life of me I can't remember the name. It only badly affects IE machines. Firefox is immune.

Try and get to this link and see if its the Anti-virus Live trojan.

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-live.html

carogator

could that be Internet Security 2010 Trojan

Squizzy 246B , Thanks for your answer and the link to help. That was the only way I was able to get to any kind of security help. This thing affects firefoxand IE8 just as bad. Firefox looks really ragged in the font seems to be fuzzy, like paper that has been wet. I went back to IE7 and things work a little better. I still cannot get to windows update. Maybe you could send me a link and that would get around the blockage. Again Thanks for the help.

Komatsu 150

Malware Bytes is very powerful. I just ran it on dad's computer, but I had to run it from a flash drive as what he had would prevent it from opening. It found a total of 72 trojans and viruses on dad's computer. Nothing else I tried worked.

carogator

I'm sorry to say it. But I am blocked from accessing any and all web sites that have to do with anti-virus or security. browser cannot display this site. same as error 400 bad request as shown on IE8. I am using IE7.
even using the embedded link on here, i'm still blocked

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
If you can, go here: http://killbox.net/

Download it to your desktop.

When you run it, it will allow you to stop and/or delete ANY process/files on your computer.
If you can find the .exe file for the virus you can shut it down so you can get some anti-virus software downloaded.

If you can't get it, pm me your e-mail, I'll send it to you.

Ed

carogator

With Malwarebytes-anti-malware and SUPERantispyware and anything else I tried from Geeks to Go, I can now get back on the net. Still cleaning up the files.
I still need to know what settings to use in internet options on the connections page. Auto config or manual? proxy settings?
Thanks Guys for all the help, I still got a lot to do to clean this up.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
You should still get the uninstall program from Symantec to remove the Norton stuff as I told you in the PM.You might never get everything working properly with traces of his software on your computer.Ron G

carogator

I want to thank you guys for all the help. I am back up and going again with only a few small problems. I can get them worked out over time. Again, thank you so much.