• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What does Accugrade option include on a cat 262c skid loader?

spatterfree

What does that accugrade cost on cat 262c? Someone told me cat wants $5000 to enable software to get it working has all the hardware, but needs $5000 to enable it? Please let me know how true that is

The AccuGrade option available on all C-Series skid-steers is a deeply integrated system. It uses the advanced display in the cab to show information and set elevations. The system is setup to automatically raise/lower a box blade (using the auxiliary circuit) based on information from the laser receiver attached on the blade's mast. The cost to enable the feature is ~$4000 plus the Cat endorsed LevelBest box blade, installatoin kit and laser receiver kit.

A quick search and I found this press release:
http://www.forconstructionpros.com/...r-Cat-C-Series-Skid-Steer-Loaders-/38FCP14351

Kellogg Report

$5,000 is what CAT has charged in the past to enable the AccuGrade system. That covered turning a software switch on, nothing else.

However, as with everything marketing, things can change quickly in a competitive market place so be sure to check with your dealer.

CAT's payback study for skid steers states $7,200 cost for AccuGrade and $7,700 for the box blade. The laser would be in addition to this.

CAT payback model for AccuGrade box blade on skid steer
Compare AccuGrade to systems from Topcon, Leica and Trimble

$5,000 is what CAT has charged in the past to enable the AccuGrade system. That covered turning a software switch on, nothing else.

However, as with everything marketing, things can change quickly in a competitive market place so be sure to check with your dealer.

CAT's payback study for skid steers states $7,200 cost for AccuGrade and $7,700 for the box blade. The laser would be in addition to this.

CAT payback model for AccuGrade box blade on skid steer
Compare AccuGrade to systems from Topcon, Leica and Trimble

When you say "The laser would be in addition to this." you mean the laser transmitter, right?

Based on what the payback model says, I'm thinking that the $7200 you stated above includes the laser receiver and enabling the system. So, about $14,900 to get the system ready to go (if you have a transmitter).

Kellogg Report

No, I would expect the $7,200 to include the activation option.

Let's look closer:
-The AccuGrade skid steer system does not need a separate control box. (Grade is displayed on the standard machine AMICS (Advanced Machine Information and Control System) interface.
-No additional valves are needed. -Uses the machine's own through the CAN bus.
-No additional in-cab controls

If the price of the entire system (less rotating laser and box blade) is $7,200, it makes sense that this includes the AccuGrade activation option.
AccuGrade activation: $5,000
LR410 laser receiver + one cable + mast for box blade: $2,200

The Trimble LR410 receiver runs just under $2,000 so the math adds up.

Learn how 3D grade control systems works

No, I would expect the $7,200 to include the activation option.

Let's look closer:
-The AccuGrade skid steer system does not need a separate control box. (Grade is displayed on the standard machine AMICS (Advanced Machine Information and Control System) interface.
-No additional valves are needed. -Uses the machine's own through the CAN bus.
-No additional in-cab controls

If the price of the entire system (less rotating laser and box blade) is $7,200, it makes sense that this includes the AccuGrade activation option.
AccuGrade activation: $5,000
LR410 laser receiver + one cable + mast for box blade: $2,200

The Trimble LR410 receiver runs just under $2,000 so the math adds up.

Learn how 3D grade control systems works

I agree 100%... $7200 gets you a complete control system ready to go, just add the level best blade and you're ready to go.

Kellogg Report

When you say "The laser would be in addition to this." you mean the laser transmitter, right?

Based on what the payback model says, I'm thinking that the $7200 you stated above includes the laser receiver and enabling the system. So, about $14,900 to get the system ready to go (if you have a transmitter).

-Yes on both.

Bigironjim

Occupation
Lard, wishes, manure, nails, bongo's, flyswatters,
Heres a link to a 277C with the LevelBest single slope box forming a long pad. They have a wheel loader spotting the material, but you can just be a little more strategic with the dumping. We have used the LevelBest dual slope box on non AccuGrade SSL's, on large round pads, and a conical laser to give the pad a 1% slope down from center. On the non ARO Skid Steer's, there is an ElectroHydraulic valve on the loader frame, and you use the auxillary circuit in constat flow. It has a remote pendant at the seat that allows you to turn on/off the auto function as well as jog the blade up in an ooverload situation.
CHEERS!
http://www.warrencat.com/index.php/www/about_us/media/2365

Bigironjim

Occupation
Lard, wishes, manure, nails, bongo's, flyswatters,
This setup works well in loose material, and the LevelBest box will cut in both directions, it has two cutting edges and the one not PUSHING material swings up out of the way for a smooth cut. Make sure you get the box a little wider than your machine for a good finish.

Johnc

Ive never seen a system like this on a skidsteer before. what type of appilcations do you guys think this is suitable for?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Ive never seen a system like this on a skidsteer before. what type of appilcations do you guys think this is suitable for?

The first application that I could see this working very well at is grading porous fill for large slabs. It would also work well for small parking lots and building pads. For the price of the attachment and if you already have a skid, I think it would make money.

Kellogg Report

i need dual grade on the Cat Skid loader, how can i do that and what does it cost?

-Not sure exactly what you mean.

A dual-grade laser does not require anything extra on the box blade. This laser will create a laser plane with two slopes, but the system will act the same.

If you mean you want lift and tilt, then you have to add a second mast, receiver and valve. Likely, you would also need a dual-channel control box.

DualDfront1a.jpg

----------------------------------------------
Compare 3D machine control systems for dozers

Last edited:

spatterfree

ok, so cat only offers single grade? if i need dual grade then i need to go to trimble,
soo, if i go to trimble, do i still need to unlock the software on my cat loader?
or is that trimble a complete different system?

Kellogg Report

The Trimble dealer can install a valve package so that you don't have to unlock the AccuGrade option.

CAT has only promoted a single-receiver solution for their skid steers. Check with the dealer whether they offer a dual-receiver option.

I don't know is if it's possible for the Spectra system to tie into the skid steer's CAN bus. -Meaning activating AccuGrade option and not installing valves and whether or not this would be a cheaper option.

On CAT dozers and graders you have both these options to choose from when installing a Trimble-branded GCS900 system, but I don't know about Spectra-branded gear on skid steers. The Spectra/Trimble dealer would know.

-------------------------------------------------------
What is the difference between GPS, GNSS and GLONASS?