• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you think of this trailer?

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
The trailer looks good what with the center rail flange just above the deck (likely a pierced I beam with the crossmembers in the pierced hole) and the wheel wells as low as practical, nice tail etc. Will you get one with the ramps to the front?or the step? The product shows the hydraulic is an option, do you know if it is from the truck or self unit? y trailer has hydraulic ramps (my back loves em), but I have wounded my hydraulic hose fittings by backing over brush, lucky I didnt dent a ram. The two ramps allow for offloading on contoured sites such as off shoulder etc. When loading/unloading, I like to crib the trailer to the grade and let the ramps' hydraulic float so the ramp and the ram is not trying to hold the back of the trailer up.

Was wondering if the narrower equipment is/are able to access the trailer if the gap between the ramps is a fixed dimension? Reason I ask is because my trailer has two hydraulic operated ramps with a ramp mount hinge point. Not able to slide the ramps closer together. Good for the dozer and the TLB, not so good for the ride on compactor nor the mini. Compactor wants to fall tween the ramps, need to add planks and joists to bridge the gap (works ok but is time and hassle). The mini, being smaller, has to be hauled with the pickup and a small flatbed trailer.

bdog1234

Thanks.
The trailer I am looking at which is in stock doesn't have the hydraulic ramps. They would be a nice option but I really need to pull the trigger on something before year end for tax reasons. I am pretty sure they could be added later if desired. We currently have a 53' step deck that has a dovetail and some super heavy manual ramps. I can't imagine these being any heavier. My problems with my current trailer are the length and that it has spread axles. It is a pain getting into a lot of the job sites we have to go to. A shorter trailer would be so nice. Even this one at 46' is a bit longer than I would prefer. I was looking at some other brands like Neville & Nuttall which offer 42-43' trailers in a similar design but I can't find any in stock. Still at any rate I think this 46' with tandems would be much easier to maneuver than what I have now.

May main concern is I have never heard of this brand and all the googling I have done brings up nothing in the way of reviews. I would like to get a trailer before year end but don't want to make a purchase I regret.
The one I am looking at is like this.
Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 11.37.28 PM.png

bdog1234

I think the ramps are fixed width and don't slide. The narrowest thing we have is the mini ex (35G) and I think it is wide enough to span those ramps. We very rarely haul it on the big trailer anyway. Most of the time it goes on a gooseneck behind a pickup.