1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

What do you think about a condor 60'?

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by Paulanthony, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Paulanthony

Paulanthony Member

A friend of mine is thinking about looking at a condor to buy. He owns 2-40h, 1-60h, 1-601s. I service & maintain these for him. I rarely have ever seen one of these & know nothing about them. I always tell him that getting a good deal may cost much more in the long run. Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul

2. divedigger

divedigger Well-Known Member

Condor Manlifts

I have a 2wd and a 4wd Condor 68s with the books for sale email if interested Thanks

3. barklee

barklee Senior Member

If it is anything other than a T-60 avoid at all costs! We used to have five of these machines and they are nothing but trouble. Honestly i dont know very much about the T-60s, but i am told they are a world better than the old Q models. Really there are so many other good options out there you really wouldnt need to even entertain a Condor. Im not joking when i say that if you cant buy one for scrap value i wouldnt buy it. Thats just my opinion, not trying to be rude but we have history with them and i know other contractors who have owned them and would say the same.
    Good luck

4. VoodooMojo

VoodooMojo Senior Member

Sr Technical Service Representative
    If you want to keep your friend as a friend, talk him out of the Condor and push him to buy another H model JLG.
    From my experience with Condors, you will start avoiding your friends calls after a few run-ins with it.

edit:
    I do want to say that back during the day, Condor (Calavar) introduced advancements in the industry that helped make it what it is today. Compaired to what was available at the time.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. Paulanthony

Paulanthony Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate your opinions! I always would prefer a Jlg over anything. A genie would be next. I was against it anyway. If it don't have a diesel that's a big reason in itself. He even just found a 600s which I would like to see before the 40 h. After his job building condos he figures they all most go. Has 4 Jlg booms & 1 scissor. Anyway thanks for your opinion so my friend dosent think I'm crazy. Years ago I took Jlg classes when employed by nations rent (now sunbelt). Thanks again - Paul

6. crewchief888

crewchief888 Senior Member

i worked on them back in the mid 80's, always seemed like a conglomeration of somebody elses parts and pieces
    wisconsin engines, deere radial piston pumps, every unit we had was a little "different" from the next one, basket control panels were all slightly different, as well as wiring, valving, pump drives ect.

spent more time trying to make some "commonality" between units, so we could keep parts inventory to a minimum.

:drinkup