• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do bears run on?

Clawed Backster

Didn't really see a category for this.
Anyone else have a bear that seems to be fond of petroleum products?
About 5 years ago I had one steal a full one gallon can of gas, and I was never able to find the can, so he must have taken it quite a distance. You can see him with it in his mouth in the first picture.
A couple of nights ago he tore up a couple of five gallon cans of diesel that I had near my backhoe.
I can't figure out why he is attracted to it. Screenshot_20220522-082635_Gmail.jpg 20220521_074826.jpg 20220521_075131.jpg

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
You know, now that you mention it, I once stored a couple of gallon containers with used motor oil next to my outdoor fireplace. They were there for quite a while, as I would burn it only sometimes. Well, one day, all the jugs of oil were gone...I mean missing. Well, I thought, why would someone steal used motor oil. Then one day I saw the jugs empty, and torn up on a neighbors property. You guessed it...the bear took them and shredded them. I bet he pooped for a week strait!!:eek::eek:

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Those a-holes are already busy this spring. One fatality on JBER in Anchorage and six maulings on the score card.

ianjoub

Or arsonist bears.
I knew it. Smokey bear and 'only you can prevent forest fires' was a misdirection campaign all along! Smokey was out there starting fires himself. No doubt he was trying to accelerate global warming, or making us more dependent on foreign oil, or something to do with the commies.... :D

Old Doug

I wish i had a picture and may be i can get one. A guy i know was hunting they had a cabin and a tent . The tent was closer to were they were hunting . A bear got in the tent and chewed a camp stove propane cylinder open. The same bear tryed to get into the cabin one night they killed it. I think it was a Elk hunt the guy shot a record elk and the bear was good sized to. I dont know if i would have belived this story but i saw the pictures .