• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What are you?

What is your position/job ?

• Employee

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Owner/Operator

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • Owner/Partner but desk bound

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I have my own equipment but I also work for others/have other business

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • I'm not in the dirt business but I want to be

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I'm one of those weird Spider Hoe operators

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I work for the Government

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Others

Votes: 18 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

basspro

not in the dirt industry, but want to be so bad I can taste it! Have been doin everything I can to learn as much as I can so I can perform when I finally get the opportunity.

Currently...big title here "Senior Lead Geek Squad Advance Certified Caf-fi Installation Technition"

Fancy way of saying I run the Install Bay, & fight with Management.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Owner/operator, crushing, earth moving, fenceline clearing, grading, dam cleaning and filling, farm road building, gradually shifting to "lacky" operator as my son takes over the running of the business. We have one employee.

Rn'R.

DonZX14

Occupation
Operator/Foreman
Operator...Cat,scraper,hoe,grader just about anything that says Caterpillar on the front , have worked in a mill also ,run butt n top ,wheel loader, high lift clam loaders and the big overhead portal cranes for unloading log trucks. Oh and spent alot of time in the slasher turning tree length logs into 8 footers

Tanstaafl

Field Engineer that has been spending way to much time inside lately (stupid design work).

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Operator now run a case 580 on a utility crew laying in gas main. Will do anything or run anything I can do to help get things done. I'm 20 now, hope to be an Owner/operator within the next couple years.

BrianHay

Hi Brian, hope you being around doesnt mean your short of work :( it is pretty sad out there at the moment but hope you are keeping going.

How I got it :eek: ran out of people that would employee me so I had to buy my own :D

:lmao:lmao :notworthy

Sorry for the late response Rob. I had a really slow winter, picking up now though. I haven't been around much because I found a few other industry related sites that I really enjoy as well. So now I post in them all sporadically. I have also been working on building a new multi site network aimed at promoting Owner/Operators....and I discovered Facebook :rolleyes:

Myself I spent about 15 years as an Operator in Heavy Construction before becoming Owner/Operator.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
. picking up now though.

...and I discovered Facebook

Good to hear that Brian :thumbsup I only learnt what Facebook was when my daughter went to work in the French Alps for the winter :D its how she stays in touch. :drinkup

Foster

Owner operator for two company's,
1 Tractor trailer hauling gasoline
2 One of those funny spyder hoe things.

wingnut

Occupation
owner of a small sand gravel backhoe and dozer ser
Just a one man show here .
Owner, operator, welder, mechanic, dump truck driver , and whatever else is needed to get this business started . :cool2

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
hungry operator, half assed wrench/weldor, and male model.

53cummins

would love to have my own machines..... but stuck with runnin someone elses:Banghead

Last edited:

trapperbo

I am actually a student in a vocational school taking heavy equipment operations. Next year when I come back in as a senior I plan to go out on placement and get a job working for a company as a hoe operator hopefully.

Psychotiller

Occupation
H.E.O. @ Greenview Resource Management
Operator. I currently run an excavator, skid loader and forklift at an industrial metal recycler in SoCal. Want to find a job running a blade or even a nice relaxing gig operating a big dozer someday soon.