• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

western star Triaxle need quick reply

KMSEXC

he fellows looking at a western star triaxle 2000 with 288,000 miles truck looks good shape but when new they shortened frame to make a dump from the factory truck is priced right what do you guys thing of these trucks Thanks KMS

busdrivernine

look at how many hrs are on the engine and look for signs of excessive blow by . Western Star is a good vocational truck if rigged right so sad they had to shorten frame. They want to shorten my Pete frame when I put my 15 ft bed on I told them to make it work as it sits so I have about 17 " between back of cab and dump body

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
My Western Star triaxle is an excellent truck. Absolutely no problems. As said before, Western Star makes good vocational trucks. Mine is a '98.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
whats the length of the bed?...anything 15' and under 9 times out of 10 will be overweight on those portable DOT scales

KMSEXC

Hey fellas thank you for your replies greatly appreciated good specs on truck 20 fronts 46 rears 475 cat engine 13 speed transmission jake, body is a little rough, truck hauled a lot rock

mascas

Occupation
Mechanic
I used to work at a Western Star Dealer a few years back...I loved working on the 4964EX...........very mechanic friendly.