• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Weird hydraulic problem with Case 75XT

Titantn

I started up today and ran for about 5 minutes with no issues. I stopped on a flat surface, got out, back in, and the machine wouldn't move. I could tilt the bucket, but not raise or lower it, and the machine wouldn't even attempt to move. The green light was on too. After trying everything for a few minutes, bam, it started working. I did about 10 minutes of work and then got out again. And that's where it sits. It starts and runs fine. The green light comes on, and I cannot move or lift the bucket. The interesting thing is that when I left the safety arm, it does remove the green light and put the brake on. It's LIKE the brake is on all the time, but the red parking light never comes on. The green light stays lit all the time. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Sounds like the interlock. There are operator presence switches on the lapbar; the seat; & door, if it has one. Possible that one of these is faulty, or the wiring to them is damaged. You can check them with a testlight or an ohmmeter. Make sure the relays are all in place tight.

Titantn

I do believe you are correct about the interlock. I wiggled the relays and fuses in the panel just behind the left joystick and it started working again. I'm assuming there is some dirt in the sockets or something like that and it's not getting a good connection. I assume the relays/fuses aren't bad since it's working now. Just to confirm, aren't relays like fuses in that they work until they're blown? There's no in-between.

alrman

Occupation
No relays are basically, a switch or a little solenoid.
A small amount of current is used to close some contacts, which allows a greater current to pass through.

TIP - Give the fuse box a regular clean with some compressed air & put a little contact oil on all the contacts. The dust hold moisture, which of course, affects the electrics.

Titantn

The problem persists. I've cleaned out the fuse and relay box to no avail. I purchased a new relay also. The interlock fuse is now blowing. I lifted the cab and don't see how the wiring is chafing anywhere, so I suspect a worn out solenoid. I think I've identified the part but any tips I should know in taking it out? I'm handy with tools but I've never worked on a skidsteer before.

Hammer & Nails

Occupation
Construction
I had the same thing happening on my 75. It turned out it there was a bad spot in the wiring that goes across the front of the cab, under the front lip of the cab. Basically above your left foot. I dont know if yours is anything like mine just thought that i would throw it out there. Oh, mine was a splice like the previous owner had problems with it. Good Luck.

alrman

Occupation
The problem persists. I've cleaned out the fuse and relay box to no avail. I purchased a new relay also. The interlock fuse is now blowing. I lifted the cab and don't see how the wiring is chafing anywhere, so I suspect a worn out solenoid. I think I've identified the part but any tips I should know in taking it out? I'm handy with tools but I've never worked on a skidsteer before.

If the interlock fuse is blowing - I would look at the loader control valve. It has 2 solonoids on it to lock the operation of it, good chance one of them is shorted out.