• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

weiler screed heater

SLTFMM

We have a Weiler P385B left screed heater and extension heater not working. Can anyone tell me what voltage is supplied to the heaters from the generator?

Axleshaft

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
P385B generators put out 240v. Check at the breakers (1 for each side) for 240v. Can also check and make sure you have 60 hertz at generator.

AnnaRich1

We have a Weiler P385B left screed heater and extension heater not working. Can anyone tell me what voltage is supplied to the heaters from the generator?
Were you able to figure yours's out? I am currently having the same problem with my paver. The breakers keep tripping and we dis connected the heating elements from the generator and they still Tripping only 1 can be on at a time.

Axleshaft

Occupation
Were you able to figure yours's out? I am currently having the same problem with my paver. The breakers keep tripping and we dis connected the heating elements from the generator and they still Tripping only 1 can be on at a time.
Breakers can get weak if they have been tripped a lot. Disconnect the heating element harness from back of the paver. See if the breakers trip after that’s disconnected and running. That will determine if the heater harness is shorted.

AnnaRich1

We did that. We disconnected the heating elements and the breakers kept tripping. Only 1 can be on at a time never both and they both apparently have been tested and seem fine. I'm completely stumpted

Vetech63

Will both breakers stay in the reset/on position before you engage the generator? You may want to check the connections for tightness, especially inside the breaker panel.

Vetech63

I'm checking connections but it's there any way it could be the hydro pump not pumping good enough?
Very unlikely. I take care of 4 Weiler P385B's.............never had a hydraulic problem with the generator. Its usually wire chaffing or a loose electrical connection 95% of the time.

AnnaRich1

this generator only trips one at a time so I can use the left side then I can use the right side.

But we also took the generator out of my other paver that I was sending to auction and put it in this one and it's having the same problem

Axleshaft

Occupation
nothing is loose and I still have the problem honestly the paver won I can't figure it out might need to call ring power
Before you get Ring Power out, check out the attached files I posted. These are directly from Weiler's P385B training. If everything checks out good after using the attached files to troubleshoot, I'd replace breakers, capacitors and relays. Part numbers below. If you have 25 amp breakers, Weiler updated them to 30A due to a lot of issues with them.

Capacitors (x2): 21587C4
Breakers (x2): 54293
Relays (x2): 13399

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-11 211909.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-11 211909.png
    874.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2024-01-11 211849.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-11 211849.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2024-01-11 211828.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-11 211828.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2024-01-11 211805.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-11 211805.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

Axleshaft

Occupation
I'm gonna go do this right now thank you. Do you know what would be the best trouble shooting book i can buy for this paver
Operation/Maintence manual and parts book. Weiler offers no troubleshooting guide for their products. I use the parts book to aid in r&i and how systems work/interact. Maintenance manual gives procedures for all the adjustments on the machine. Those two books can get you pretty far and should been in the black case on your machine.