• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

WAUKESHA VRD 155 FIND TDC #1

bsamot69

Occupation
Retired to Ranching
I'm not sure this is the correct forum. I have a Waukesha VRD 155 diesel engine powering an air compressor on a trailer. It is used in the water well drilling process.
I'm having the injection pump rebuilt, it has many problems. I was under the gun to get the injection pump to the rebuilder, so. I removed the pump without having engine on TDC #1, figuring I would be able to find the necessary information to find #1 TDC while the injection pump is being worked on. I am having little success locating the info.
The engine is mounted inside an enclosure that makes it difficult to remove valve cover to use the valve train position to get TDC. Are there any other marks to aid in finding TDC? Transmission, front crank pulley, or some other location? on these engines. Hoping so. Any info or direction to find it is greatly appreciated in advance.