• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Water Truck Chassis

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Funny grooved clamp story. Hopefully enough time has passed to protect the innocent. A colleague of mine,…..

Never mind. I’ll probably get sued by a major manufacturer if I say something and they will seize my single-wide in judgment. Let’s just say, once upon a time, there was Chinese counterfeit elastomers used by a major clamp manufacturer which caused my former employer to spend a couple hundred thousand fixing leaks and cleaning spills and my clocked O/T hours achieved a new dimension never thought possible.

cfherrman

Love that single stack Mack with the tank in the back! She can haul the mail.

Actually has dual stacks, I wish it had just one. Right before I stopped driving it the exhaust rotted out and a friend had the same size as straight pipes. We sent a picture and a offer of $500 and they were on the truck in a few days. I never drove it with the stacks. He said it's nice unless your slowing down with jakes with the window down. It's my favorite water truck as it's super reliable, a old truck, plenty of power(on the top end) and has done a pile of work. It even got pulled over by a new dot with a chip on his shoulder and I don't think he found anything.

Truck Shop

Funny grooved clamp story. Hopefully enough time has passed to protect the innocent. A colleague of mine,…..

Never mind. I’ll probably get sued by a major manufacturer if I say something and they will seize my single-wide in judgment. Let’s just say, once upon a time, there was Chinese counterfeit elastomers used by a major clamp manufacturer which caused my former employer to spend a couple hundred thousand fixing leaks and cleaning spills and my clocked O/T hours achieved a new dimension never thought possible.
I know I got tired of moving two/three compartment tanks from one to another. It was all
the bottom loader stuff.