• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Water Truck Chassis

cfherrman

I haven't seen a water truck with a vitaulic connection, not sure which they are needed on one. I've seen a whole mess of water trucks

skyking1

I haven't seen a water truck with a vitaulic connection, not sure which they are needed on one. I've seen a whole mess of water trucks
That picture of the White up thread has vics on each side of the valve. We put vics on a pair of 90's so we can aim the nozzles anywhere we want. Couple of 90s and vics will let you point the fan anywhere.

Examples:
Spray-Head-Category-Thumbnail-2.png

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I see where this is going. I keep my Vic’s in the kitchen, IMG_9688.jpegnext to the ol’e lady’s air fryer.

Coaldust

Occupation
Not on the left side of the groove. Not the right side of the groove. Right in the middle of the grove, is how I like it.

IMG_9689.jpeg

IceHole

Oh, and somehow I've blown up a DT466 and 4BT Cummins at one job.
2 of the most rugged engines made.

Should I share water truck stories? Like the time I sprayed a sleeping hobo by accident or the water canon turned on and sprayed inside a car?
Or the convertible that drove into the stream and panicked and kept pacing the truck?
Or the guy that rolled his truck trying to pass the sweepers?

IceHole

I see where this is going. I keep my Vic’s in the kitchen, View attachment 307987next to the ol’e lady’s air fryer.
Had no idea those were called that. Have them on all the nozzles.
Annoying when they are too loose and the angle keeps changing. Ive jammed cigarette packs or whatever was in the cab to hold them.
One guy smoked like 78 packs a day, I swear I got 2nd hand smokers lung cancer just from that truck cab

skyking1

this must be where the term "duchenozzle" comes from.

"That guy? he's a duche!!"
" I got a nozzle for that!"

One memorable moment, the job super runs up to the water truck while he is working, probably to redirect him. Truck is moving, mind you, this is stupid under any condition. He reaches for the cab handle just as the driver flips the side fan on, the one right behind the cab on the driver's door.
Knocked him right off the truck. The timing was perfect!

Coaldust

Occupation
Gee.....wonder why the OP never came back ?
The OP was obviously spam. Who doesn’t like a good water wagon discussion? Better than talking about 40 year old, Cat powered GMC mediums with electrical problems. Wait a sec, how about GMC water trucks with 3116 engines? Now we got something,….

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
You guys run fancy water trucks. I'm only guessing it's for dust control, or compaction. We just have a 2 or 3 inch pipe, mounted crossways on the back, capped on the ends, and holes torched so the water comes out on the road

skyking1

You guys run fancy water trucks. I'm only guessing it's for dust control, or compaction. We just have a 2 or 3 inch pipe, mounted crossways on the back, capped on the ends, and holes torched so the water comes out on the road
Yes in the PNW it is feast or famine with the rain. We do a lot of side shooting with a flat nozzle from the bumper and shoot water out where we best not drive to suppress dust and get compaction. More water goes out the bumpers than the back by far.

cfherrman

How do the pipes stay together?

By screwing them together? They just use pipe threads here.

No no sprayers but when we treat a road with salt water or oil you can attach a spreader but I like to just spit it out the 3" in the back with some air pressed against it.

Typical oilfield vac truck with a vac pump, Bowie pump, and high pressure pump. This 1998 has been truck up as a water truck since 2000. 1.4 million miles, half overloaded.

Attachments

• IMG_20230412_105933.jpg
    IMG_20230412_105933.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 12

Coaldust

Occupation
Love that single stack Mack with the tank in the back! She can haul the mail.