• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Water pump/fan belt replacement

fiatmom

I have a JD310 A and I just lost the fan belt. I hope no damage was done when it over heated because I was turned backwards. It hit 250.
My question is do I have to take the radiator, fan, and the hydraulic pump out or is there an easier way to do it? I may have to shoot it if I have to pull the pump again:(.

fiatmom

Thanks Spud Monkey, I guess I should have used the search. Only one more question, will the belt fit around the fan?

lantraxco

On many old forklifts I worked on, I would find a spare belt, or even two, carefully wire tied into place around the crankshaft pulley or the coupler there. You might want to look at that for future use? The forklifts were built such that you literally had to remove the counterweight and pull the hydraulic pump to get the new belt over the crank pulley, YMMV

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
My question is do I have to take the radiator, fan, and the hydraulic pump out or is there an easier way to do it?

If I recall it can be done without removing the radiator. I think if you remove the alternator you might be able to access the pump drive, but memory is failing me:eek:. I recommend removing the radiator. It will make your life a whole lot easier. Plus it is not difficult to remove. If you think you can access the pump drive without removing the radiator go for it. Either way the pump does not need to be removed. I don't know which pump drive you have but it needs to be partially disassembled (see below).

Pump Drive 1.png Pump Drive 2.png

Last edited: