• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Warning light on 2005 Case 580 Super M series 2

onehandman1

Good afternoon all,

I've found the service manual doesn't call out which warning lights are what on the dash. I have a light that is coming on and off today and was hoping someone had a break down of the warning lamps on one of these machines. It looks like an overtemp light, however my water, and oil temp gauge were at normal resting. I just had the machine running with AC on while I was throwing rocks from a field in it(lots of fun). Machine is 2005 580 Super M Series 2.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The only light I have ever seen (590N) come on and off like that was the Water in Fuel light. Maybe drain the water from the filter and see if it stops coming on.

onehandman1

Tinkerer. Thank you! It was the rear axle temp warning light. I suspect a faulty sensor/wiring since the tractor was sitting there doing nothing but idling. This 100% makes me feel better, I already have a part on order at the John Deere dealer as my Deere is out for the count I was hoping I didn't have 2 pieces of equipment down.

Ryan4418

Good Day I am having the same issue 2007 580sm. Can someone please let me now where the sensor is located. Warning light came on few days ago... -25 C , moved the machine 60 feet and light illuminated indicating axel is 305' F which make NO sense

This is my first post thank you for any help

Ryan

onehandman1

Hi Ryan if similiar to my 05 it is on the rear differential near where the driveshaft connects to the pinion.