• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wanted: Little Giant 1242 crane info

Finster

Anyone happen to have any manuals/brochures/spec sheets for this crane?
I have searched the Internet and come up empty.

According to the seller on Facebook it's a 1995 Little Giant 1242. What
I am really looking for is a scale diagram/drawing that give some basic
measurements (i.e. wheelbase, overall length, etc.) Usually you can
find this type of drawing in a sales brochure or in the operators or
service manual. If anyone has this info or knows a good place to look
I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance. 89525210_10221512908955841_5056276457106440192_o.jpg 90294108_10221512909155846_5914288653718257664_o.jpg

Toolslinger

I can't add anything other than that clam looks an awful lot like a Bucyrus Erie unit from their H3/H5 machines...

Finster

I believe they were acquired by Manitex. They may be able to supply some info.

https://www.manitexinternational.com/brands-littlegiant.aspx
Thanks for your quick reply and suggestion. I did try contacting Manitex and my email went unanswered. I also tried contacting CCC (Crane Carrier Company) because I believe they are responsible for the truck part. They also ignored my email. This is why I was trying here in the hopes that maybe someone had some info about this in a crane literature collection or experience with it.

Finster

I can't add anything other than that clam looks an awful lot like a Bucyrus Erie unit from their H3/H5 machines...

I totally agree! In fact that is the very reason why I am interested in this machine. It's very much like a BE-H3/H5 except it has a more common winch and 360 degree turntable instead of the hydraulic ropes/cylinder arrangement used by the BE-H3/H5 cranes.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
I do not like trying to Email companies for info. I like to call their office, and pester the heck out of them, until they get me to the right person. It almost always works. I would start calling. Hard for them to ignore the phone ringing all day.
Jeff

Woodtick

I realize this is a late response.
We just yesterday purchased a Little Giant crane, and also looking for info. If I find any new leads I'll post up.
Ours is a model 5TT 7001(?) according to the tag.