• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wanted Joy stick controls 580K

pwking13

Looking for the same thing for my Cat 416 Series II extend a hoe, just bought it at a good price, for some reason it has Case controls,5 sticks and swing pedals, which are sticking and hard to centralize. I've for the last 44 yrs. ran mostly Cat equipment and can't seem to get used to the sticks, I believe the wobble sticks are so much simpler, although I have ran mostly Cat hoes and excavators, even the Case 680K we had had Cat wobble sticks. i'd swap the controls from my 416 with anybody that had wobbles sticks in a heart beat.

Ranger900

Does anyone have a diagram or pictures.as to how to.change the control linkages so the 2 stick control is like cat controls?

D Grade

Occupation
Service Technician
Why doesn't anyone like case controls with foot pedal swing. I just paid for my 580sk and was playing with it Tuesday and kind of liked the case controls and most of the other hoes were the 2 4 way joy sticks, but I don't mind the case controls.

I ask the same thing, I like Case controls better than Pilot and WAY better than wobbles.

D Grade

Occupation
Service Technician
Does anyone have a diagram or pictures.as to how to.change the control linkages so the 2 stick control is like cat controls?

I do. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you (its a PDF).

rickw

If you buy the tower from salvage yard, you just rove clevis pins and unbolt tower then set new tower on and linkages line right up. It is very simple except for changing spool spring on the swing.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Why doesn't anyone like case controls with foot pedal swing. I just paid for my 580sk and was playing with it Tuesday and kind of liked the case controls and most of the other hoes were the 2 4 way joy sticks, but I don't mind the case controls.

I liked the foot swing back in the old days when I was still smoking.I smoked a pipe all my life and the accumulation of two or three swing functions allowed me to relight my pipe or whatever else it needed.Ron G