• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

waldon 7000 loader no forward or reverse

navyman

Occupation
landscape contractor
I just purchased a used waldo 7000 and all of a sudden and (not working the machine) it won't move...anybody know these machines, I am thinking it is something simple and common to both directions >>>electrical?

navyman

Occupation
landscape contractor
OK Thanks that's what I will do, I am quite sure the answer will be no power, I also see that there is another set of solenoids(hyd). under the cab door, and I am not sure what they go to. I also wonder if the brake switch is causing the problem. So are you familiar with these Mike?

mikebramel

Yes, the brakes will also dump the pilot pressure. Make sure you don't use brake fluid in the master cylinder

navyman

Occupation
landscape contractor
Thanks for your reply Mike, so is there also a switch that de-activates the hydro as the brakes are pressed?, I briefly looked for one but didn't see one easily, probably have to get under it. I also see a rotary switch on the dash that says low med Auto is this a speed selector? And definitely a no no on the glycol base fluid LOL! I am sure that has happened many times! So while I got your ear, I have a Ford A-66 and the steering is acting goofy ...I can turn and turn and it moves but I have to keep turning a little to keep it straight, I read another post about a block and some valves causing the problem, I plow snow with these so maneuverability is a must!

mikebramel

Might be a bad piston seal on the Ford
The brakes deactivate the transmission by dumping the pilot pressure that is used to set the transmission pump in forward or reverse
The range switch sends pilot pressure to the motor to change it's displacement

navyman

Occupation
landscape contractor
Might be a bad piston seal on the Ford"" So the actual turn cylinders? I have seen that before, on my CASE mini -sneaker articulating line/pipe plow, that would be a much easier fix, I didn't think about it! Thanks So Much! Ok now about the Waldo 7000, I didn't get a chance to look at it today but will tomorrow other than voltage is there anything else I should be looking for?