• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvos New Machine

stormdodger

Occupation
feller buncher operator
I was checking out , i think was a 959j, at Brandt this summer. I like the roomy Cab. The batt. were dead so i couldnt check out under the hood.
Gets some vids. I bet youre cutting vets...
Where are youre deers cutting? I would absolutely come and check any new style buncher out.
I have about two weeks left of cutting, power lines and highway on tuesday. Yipee

wcglover

Ive seen one in person and looks like a nice mahcine, like all volvo equipment it will probably be top notch after a couple of development generations. They sure picked a poor time to come into the market though.

DirectTech

Occupation
Mechanic
WE now have two of them out in the field and they are a strong machine, people love them the only down fall is the price, but we are glad to be selling forestry equipment again

perley03

Occupation
Grader, Excavator Operator
WE now have two of them out in the field and they are a strong machine, people love them the only down fall is the price, but we are glad to be selling forestry equipment again

Where abouts are you from DirectTech? Reason why I ask is because I saw the Chadwick BaRoss sticker and your propane tank is from RH Foster, both companies right here in Maine.

miguel

Occupation
forwarder operator as a summer job
yeah a nice machien my dad own one direct tech and they sure are tough and stong machines..

Iron Horse

Now that's what I need , put a Slashbuster or Quadco disc mulcher on the end and weed whack a forest .......325 horsepower and heaps of oil and pressure , just right .

grapple1

Sure did quite quick on the volvo front. i feel sorry for anybody who bought one and wants to trade it in 4 years from now, that should fetch a good buck at the auction! I am sure component/parts supply will be excellent.

grapple1

yes to bad, alot of money wasted and alot of nice people lost jobs. We were really looking forward to selling this line but everyone will survive.

Yes i hear you. This to me sums it up that it may be a very, very long time until we see a new brand of anything. WIth volvo giving up and madill's demise, direct gone c/o volvo, Who in their right mind would invest in say designing a new f/buncher? or a new tilter harvester? or better yet, a new dangle head processor?