• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo Turbo Issues?

Rudolf73

I was talking to a local plant operator/contractor today who has several C series Volvo excavators between 20-30 tons. He has been happy with them for the past few years but 2 of them are just out of warranty with 3000+ hrs and both turbos have recently blown... He now wants to get rid of all his volvos before he has more turbo issues.

I have been a fan of volvo for a while and want to try one at some stage, but after hearing this I am a bit weary now - especially buying used.

Is this a common issue with this range of volvo excavators? I have only heard of a few other cases but in saying that I haven't done a whole lot of research either.